Mardi Himal vs Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Mardi Himal and Annapurna Base Camp Trek both are fascinating treks. Similarly, they are both in the territory of the Annapurna Conservation area. Thus, you will not be unhappy whether you do Mardi Himal or Annapurna Base Camp Trek. However, there are some differences between these two trekking trails.
MARDI HIMAL VS ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK
• Mardi Himal is a relatively new trekking route than Annapurna Base Camp. It becomes popular after 2010. While Annapurna Base Camp Trek has become more popular in the 1990s decade.
• The Mardi Himal route is more natural, and less commercialized, mountains are in range but slightly far distance compared to Annapurna Base Camp. Annapurna Base Camp / Sanctuary route is more crowded, the mountain views are very close to Annapurna Base Camp. But from both routes, you can experience splendid views of the Himalayas.
• The Mardi Himal trek follows the top of a ridge. The trail passes largely in forest first then pastures, while Annapurna Base Camp is at the valley bottom. ABC itself is a beautiful bowl surrounded by high mountains.
ITINERARY OF MARDI HIMAL AND ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK
Mardi Himal Trek (10 days)
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. We pick up at the airport by our private vehicle and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by Tourist Coach. Driving 7 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 3: Drive from Pokhara to Kande. Trekking from Kande to Pothana (Alt. 1890m/ 6200ft). Walking 4 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 4: Trekking from Pothana to Forest Camp (Alt. 2,520m/8064ft) via Deurali. Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 5: Trekking from Forest Camp to Low Camp (Alt 2970m/9504ft). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 6: Trekking from Low camp to high camp (Alt 3900m/12795ft). Walking for 3 to 4 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 7: Early morning hiking to View Point (4006m/13143) Mardi Himal Base Camp (Alt. 4500m/ 14763ft), return back to Low Camp Walking 6 to 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 8: Trekking from Low Camp to Siding Village (Alt. 1700m/5440ft). Walking 3:30 to 4 hours. Drive to Pokhara. Driving 3:30 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 9: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Coach. Evening farewell dinner at an authentic restaurant with Nepali Cultural show. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 10: Final Departure from Nepal. We drop you at Kathmandu International airport in our car for your flight to your country.
Annapurna Base Camp trek (11 days)
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. We pick up at the airport by our car and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by Tourist Coach, 200 km west of Kathmandu. Driving 7 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 3: Drive from Pokhara to Naya Pul by Car. Trekking to Ghandruk (Alt. 1940m/6,364ft). Driving 1 hour. Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 4: Trekking from Ghandruk to Sinuwa via Chhomrong (Alt. 2,360m/7,742ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 5: Trekking from Sinuwa to Deurali (3230m/10497ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 6: Trekking from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/13422ft) via Machapuchchhre Base Camp (3700m/12025ft.). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 7: Trekking back from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2310m/7507ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 8: Trekking from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1780m/5785ft). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 9: Trekking from Jhinu Danda to Nayapul (1070m/3477ft). Walking 6 hours. Drive from Nayapul to Pokhara by Car. Driving 1 hour. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 10: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Coach. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Final Departure from Nepal. We drop you at Kathmandu International airport by our car for your flight to your country.
COST OF MARDI HIMAL TREK AND ANNAPURNA BASE CAMP TREK
Please contact us for the updated price by email to [email protected]
The above Cost includes:
• Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by car.
• Two-night accommodation in Kathmandu at a Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
• Two-night accommodation in Pokhara at a Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
• During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House.
• Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara/ from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus
• Drive from Pokhara to Kande by car.
• Drive from Siding to Pokhara by Jeep.
• During trekking, one experienced friendly trekking Guide.
• Trekking Guide’s daily expenses
• Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
• Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
• All ground transport type is as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
• Trip Achievement Certificate.
• Trip Map.
• All government taxes, local tax, and tourist service charges.
The above Cost excludes:
• Nepal visa fee (USD 30 for 15 days/ USD 50 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
• Airfare of your international flight.
• Your Meal cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu)
• Porter (Total USD 90 per person for the whole trek on the basis of one porter sharing by two trekkers. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers with a maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
• Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
• Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, and dessert.
• All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara (USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
• In case of emergency helicopter rescue/ evacuation & its cost.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
• Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above service inclusive section.
1. In the package, if you want to include the food cost of trekking and porter. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including the food for trekking and porter.
2. The above cost is on Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
3. If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Mardi Himal Trek for a solo trekkers. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.
Combined Trek of Mardi Himal and Annapurna Base Camp Tek
Many people also do Mardi Himal and Annapurna Base Camp Trek together as a single trip to explore the beauty of both treks. We also advise you to do both treks if you have 15 days’ time. Click here for detail of the combined Mardi Himal and Annapurna Base Camp Trek.