Mardi Himal Trek Distance
Mardi Himal Trek even though it is a newly explored trekking route has become very popular among hiking outdoor lovers. It is an incredible isolated and off-beaten trekking trail for an amazing view, customary mountain villages, woodlands, and rhododendrons in full sprout, several sensational scenes in the high elevated and complete wild with the scenery of the taking off snow-topped grand mountains, Annapurna, Machhapuchre (Fishtail) and Hiunchuli.
Mardi Himal trek is also considered the hidden gem in the Annapurna conservation area. This trekking route to Mardi Himal formerly opened just in 2012. For the trekkers who love peace and tranquility, who want to avoid the crowd, Mardi Himal may be a good trekking trip. This trek is also best suit for beginners, senior citizens, and the family with the kids.
In the Mardi Himal trek, you can explore diverse attractions. You can experience various flora and fauna of mountain forest, mountain lifestyle, glacial valley, and also splendid Himalayan scenery. The Himalayan scenery that you can view from this route is Mt. Annapurna I (8090m), Annapurna South (7219m), Machhapuchhare – Fishtail (6993m), Hiuchuli (6444m), Baraha Shikhar (7647m), Gangapurna 7575m and Mardi Himal 5553m, etc. Besides them, wonderful terraced landscape, rhododendron trees, breathtaking Sunrise, and Sunset View from the High Camp of course spellbound to everybody.
How Long Distance is Mardi Himal Trek?
Mardi Himal Trek generally starts from Kande, 27 km north of Pokhara city. The trekking trail goes from Kande to Australian Camp, Pothana, Deurali, Forest Camp, Low Camp, Middle Camp (Badal Danda), High Camp, and ultimately to Mardi Himal Base Camp. Then it retraces back and deviates from Low Camp to Siding Village. The total distance of the Mardi Himal Trek is 41 km and 25 miles.
Day to Day Itinerary of Mardi Himal Trek with Distance
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. We pick up at the airport by our private vehicle and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by Tourist Coach. Driving 7 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Driving Distance: 205 Km/ 127 miles.
Estimated Time: 6 to 7 hours.
Or Flight Time: 25 to 30 minutes. (Transportation by a Flight/ Private Car upon request with extra cost.)
Day 3: Drive from Pokhara to Kande. Driving 1 hour. Trek from Kande to Pittam Deurali via Australian Camp and Pothana (Height. 2100 m/ 6890 ft). Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Hiking Distance: 5.8 Km/ 3.6 miles
Estimated Time: 4 hours.
Day 4: Trek from Pittam Deurali to Forest Camp (Height. 2,520 m/8064 ft). Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Hiking Distance: 8.3 Km/ 5.1 miles
Estimated Time: 5 hours.
Day 5: Trek from Forest Camp to Middle Camp (Bandal Danda) via Low Camp (Height 1710 m/5610 ft). Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Hiking Distance: 5.1 Km/ 3.1 miles
Estimated Time: 4 hours.
Day 6: Trek from Middle Camp (Bandal Danda) to High Camp (Height 3900 m/12795 ft). Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Hiking Distance: 2.8 Km/ 1.7 miles
Estimated Time: 3 hours.
Day 7: Early morning hiking to Mardi Himal Base Camp (Height. 4500m/ 14763ft), return back to High Camp. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Hiking Distance: 10 Km/ 6.2 miles
Estimated Time: 7 to 8 hours.
Day 8: Trekking from High Camp to Siding Village (Height 1700 m/5440 ft). Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Hiking Distance: 8.1 Km/ 5 miles
Estimated Time: 7 hours.
Day 9: Drive from Siding Village to Pokhara. Driving 3:30 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 10: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Coach. Evening farewell dinner at an authentic restaurant with Nepali Cultural show. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Final Departure from Nepal. We drop you at Kathmandu International airport in our car for your flight to your country.
Note: The above can be short by 1 day or customized according to your requirements. For any changes in the itinerary please contact us.
Mardi Himal Trek Cost: USD 475 Per Person
The above Cost includes:
• Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by car.
• Two-night accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
• Two-night accommodation in Pokhara at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
• During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House.
• Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara/ from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Bus
• Drive from Pokhara to Kande by car.
• Drive from Siding to Pokhara by Jeep.
• During trekking, one experienced friendly trekking Guide.
• Trekking Guide’s daily expenses
• Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
• Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
• All ground transport type is as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
• Trip Achievement Certificate.
• Trip Map.
• All government taxes, local tax, and tourist service charges.
The above Cost excludes:
• Nepal visa fee (USD 30 for 15 days/ USD 50 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
• Airfare of your international flight.
• Your Meal cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu)
• Porter (Total USD 90 per person for the whole trek in the basis of on porter sharing by two trekkers. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
• Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
• Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, dessert.
• All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara (USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
• In case of emergency helicopter rescue/ evacuation & its cost.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
• Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above service inclusive section.
1. In the package, if you want to include the food cost of trekking and porter. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including the food of trekking and porter.
2. The above cost is on a Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
3. If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Mardi Himal Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.
4. Mardi Trek can be merged with Annapurna Base Camp Trek. For the itinerary and cost of the Mardi Himal Annapurna Base Camp Trek, please contact us.