Upper Mustang Jeep Tour Package
Upper Mustang is the last Himalayan Kingdom in Nepal. It was known as the forbidden hidden territory of Nepal because, until 1992, Upper Mustang was a restricted zone for foreigners to make it very isolated and preserved. Upper Mustang was opened for tourists only after 1992.
Upper Mustang is located in the northwestern part of Nepal and at the top of the Kali Gandaki River. For centuries this region is the maximum mysterious place. The landscape of the Upper Mustang is similar to the Tibetan plateau with its limitless expanses of yellow and gray rolling hills eroded with the aid of the wind.
In Upper Mustang the culture, way of life, and background remain unchanged for hundreds of years to this date. The exciting thing is even though it is a part of Nepal it had retained his personal king (raja) called by Mustangi Raja until Nepal was declared a republic in 2008. He had a sure quantity of autonomy and he was given the honorary rank of colonel in the Nepal military. The name of the last king is Jigme Palbar Bista. Until his death in 2016 the locals had great respect and honor for him.
The king extensively utilized to provide the target audience the visitors upon request. His palace of four testimonies constructing in the center of Lo Manthang, the capital of Upper Mustang Kingdom. While entering the city of Lo Manthang is like stepping into a whole new world. Centuries-old caves, ancient monasteries, narrow alleyways, and old stupas all seem to tell a story filled with mysteries and vibrant culture.
Upper Mustang Jeep tour is a leisurely trip and a new alternative way of touring the region. It is perfect for people who want to skip the long hours of trekking and also intend to experience the mystical region’s major attractions and beauty in the fastest way possible.
Itinerary of Upper Mustang Jeep Tour
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. You will be met our Tour officer and he will escort you to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Sightseeing of World Heritage Site in Kathmandu and Preparation for Mustang Tour. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Beni. Driving 8 hours. 292 Km. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 4: Drive from Beni to Tatopani (2600 meters) to Kagbeni (2900 meters) and visit Muktinath Temple (3800 meters). Driving 6/7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 5: Drive from Kagbeni to Ghami Village (3520 meters). Driving 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 6: Drive from Ghami Village to Lo-Mangthang (3840 meters). Driving 2 to 3 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 7: Day to explore in Lo-Manthang. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 8: Drive from Lo-Mangthang to Marpha (2670 meters). Driving 7 to 8 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 9: Drive from Marpha to Pokhara. Driving 7 to 8 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Driving 6 to 7 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Free Day at leisure in Kathmandu. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 12: Departure to your home country. Our tour officer will drop you at Kathmandu international airport and see you off. End of Service.
Upper Mustang Jeep Tour Price: USD 1995 Per Person for the group size of two people.
Package Cost Includes:
• Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car as per itinerary.
• 3 nights Accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
• 1 night Accommodation in Pokhara at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
• 7 nights accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during trekking with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• During trekking one experienced friendly trekking Guide.
• Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport, and the wages of Guide.
• Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
• Upper Mustang Restricted Permit feel
• Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
• From Kathmandu to Upper Mustang to Kathmandu by private jeep.
• All highway Tax and road permit.
• Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
• Trip Achievement Certificate.
• All government taxes, local tax, and tourist service charges.
Package Cost Excludes:
• Nepal Tourist Visa Fee.
• Airfare of your international flight.
• Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
• Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, dessert.
• All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, excess baggage charge, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
• In case of emergency helicopter rescue/ evacuation & its cost.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
• Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the package price.