Gokyo Lake Trek Distance
Gokyo Lakes trek is perhaps the best trekking route for those who want to avoid the busy trail of Everest Base Camp. This trek leads you to an elevation of 5345 meters above sea level. It provides you the stunning views of Mount Everest (8848 m), Cho You (8156 m), Mount Makalu (8470 m), and many other mountains, Ngozumpa glacier, and Gokyo Lakes. The views from Gokyo Lakes Trek are not less than the Everest Base Camp trek. This trek also offers you excellent photography opportunities.
Gokyo Ri Lakes Trek begins with a picturesque mountain flight to Lukla and followed by a short hike to Phakding. Trek to Gokyo includes strolling through the Sherpa country of Namche, ethnic villages of Khumjung, Phortse Thanga, and Machhermo. The path of Gokyo Lakes trekking is on a very much trodden way as far as possible however it tends to be rough and lopsided in parts. There is no rock climbing or mountaineering which requires climbing equipment. It is a walk all the way although some of the hills can be steep.
The trek’s highest ascent to Gokyo Ri is not difficult but occasionally slippery underfoot. As a customary climbing pattern, the summit of Gokyo Ri begins promptly toward the beginning of the day prior to the sun ascends subsequent to transforming on headlamps and getting out from teahouse into the murkiness.
Once you cross the Gokyo lake inlet to the base of the mountain, the trail starts to be zigzag ascents to the cold slopes. If the weather is clear, the view from the summit is once in a lifetime glimpse with Ngozumpa Glacier on its way through the valley below, Cho Oyu stands nearby and endless lines of mountains stretch away to the horizon. Mount Everest as Viewed from here is fairly tall, rising another 3.5km above the point on which you stand.
GOKYO LAKE TREK ITINERARY WITH DISTANCE
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. You will be met our Tour officer and he will escort you to the hotel. Night Stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Flight to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla. Trekking from Lukla to Phakding.
Distance: 8 km/ 4.9 miles. Altitude: 2840 meters – 2610 meters. Walking 4 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar.
Distance: 11 km/ 6.8 miles. Altitude: 2610 meters – 3440 meters. Walking 6/7 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Acclimatization day.
Option I: Day trip to Shyangboche/ Everest View Hotel and back Namche Bazaar. Distance: 4.6 km/ 2.8 miles. Walking 2/ 3 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Option II: Day trip to Shyangboche/ Everest View Hotel (3440 meters) to Khumjung Village (3780 meters) and back to Namche Bazaar. Distance: 9 km/ 5.5 miles. Walking 5/ 6 hours.
Option III: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Khumjung, not back to Namche Bazaar. Distance: 5 km/ 3.1 miles. Walking 3 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trekking from Namche Bazzar to Dole.
Distance: 12 km/ 7.4 miles. Altitude 3440 meters – 4200 meters. Walking 7 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge. OR
If you stay at Khumjung on 4th day, trekking from Khumjung to Dole.
Distance: 9 km/ 6 miles. Altitude: 3780 meters – 4200 meters. Walking 6 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Trekking from Dole to Machhermo. Walking 5 hours.
Distance: 6 km/ 3.7 miles. Altitude: 4200 meters – 4470 meters. Walking 3/4 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Trekking from Machhermo to Gokyo Lake.
Distance: 8 km/ 4.9 miles. Altitude: 4470 meters – 4790 meters. Walking 4/5 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Excursion near Gokyo Lake. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Option I: Hike up to Gokyo Ri (5360 meters) and back to Gokyo Lake (4790 meters). Distance: 4 km/ 2.4 miles. Walking 3/4 hours.
Option II: Hike to 4th Lake (4870 meters) and 5th Lake (4990 meters) and back to Gokyo Lake (4790 meters). Distance: 14 km/ 8.6 miles. Walking 6/7 hours.
Day 09: Trekking from Gokyo Lake to Dole.
Distance: 14 km/ 8.6 miles. Altitude: 4790 meters – 4200 meters. Walking 6/7 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trekking from Dole to Namche Bazaar.
Distance: 12 km/ 7.4 miles. Altitude: 4200 meters – 3440 meters. Walking 5/6 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Lukla.
Distance: 19 km/ 11.8 miles. Altitude: 3440 meters – 2840 meters. Walking 7/8 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Flight from Lukla and back to Kathmandu. Night Stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 13: Departure to your home country. Our tour officer will drop you at Kathmandu International airport and see you off. End of Service. Or you may take optional side tours.
I. The above is a popular itinerary of Gokyo Lake. It can be customized by the return from Gokyo Lake via Thangnag, Phortse Village, or via Renjo La Pass, Thame Village. If you want a customized itinerary including any mentioned places, please contact us.
II. The walking hour mentioned above may be different according to the pace of trekkers and distance may be different according to the various navigation devices.
Gokyo Lake Trek Cost: USD 790 Per Person
The above Cost includes:
1. Airport pick up and drop services by private car.
2. Two-night hotel in Kathmandu at Tourist Standard Hotel with complimentary breakfast.
3. Airline tickets for the flight to Lukla and also from Lukla.
4. Domestic airport taxes where applicable.
5. Accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
6. Everest National Park Entry Permit fee.
7. Trekker’s Information Management System [TIMS] registration card fee.
8. Khumbu Local Government Trekker Permit Tax
9. Experienced English speaking trained trekking guide for the entire trekking.
10. Trekking Guide’s daily expenses
11. Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
12. Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
13. A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
14. Necessary paper works, all government, and local taxes
15. Complimentary farewell dinner in Kathmandu with a cultural show at a typical Nepalese restaurant.
The above Cost excludes:
1. Nepal visa fee (USD 30 for 15 days/ USD 50 for 30 days period). You can easily get Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
2. Airfare of your international flight.
3. Your Meals cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu)
4. Porter (Total USD 80 per person for the whole trek in the basis of one porter sharing by two trekkers. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
5. Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
6. Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
7. All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, excess baggage charge in flight etc.
8. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu. (USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
9. Tips for Trekking Staff.
10. Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, flight cancellation etc.
11. Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above service inclusive section.
– In the package, if you want to include porter and food cost of trekking. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including porter and food of trekking.
– The above cost is in Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
– If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Gokyo Lake Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.