Annapurna Base Camp Mardi Himal Trek
Mardi Himal and Annapurna Base Camp Trek both are popular and very interesting treks. Even though they are separate hiking routes, they are in the Annapurna Conservation Area. There is a trail to connect these two routes. Thus many hikers do combine the Annapurna Base Camp Mardi Himal trek in a single trip to experience the beauty of both treks. They complete Mardi Himal and Annapurna Base Camp Trek in around two weeks.
In fact, the Mardi Himal trek is the hidden jewel of the Annapurna region. It opened just in 2012. Yet, in a short time, it has become a popular trekking route among many hiking lovers. In the Mardi Himal trek, you can experience different vegetation of mountain terrain and marvelous Himalayan Vista. From Mardi Himal Trek you can view Mt. Annapurna I (8090m), Annapurna South (7219m), Machhapuchhare – Fishtail (6993m), Hiuchuli (6444m), Baraha Shikhar (7647m), Gangapurna 7575m, and Mardi Himal 5553m, and so on. Also, the beautiful terraced scene, rhododendron trees, and stunning Sunrise, and Sunset View from the High Camp make an astonishment to all individuals on the Mardi Himal trek.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek is the journey to the base camp of the world’s top ten highest mountains named Annapurna I (8,091 meters/ 26545 feet). This trek is one of the most popular hiking trips in Nepal. Annapurna Base Camp is also called Annapurna Sanctuary. Besides Annapurna I, you can also enjoy the view of Mt Fishtail (Machapuchare), Mt Annapurna South, Mt Annapurna Fang, Mt Annapurna III, Mt Hiunchuli, Mt Gangapurna, Mt Khangsar Kang and Tent Peak. Most of the mountains in Annapurna Base Camp are over 7000 meters. The entrance of the Annapurna base camp is a narrow valley between Mt Hiunchuli and Mt Machapuchare, where run-off from glaciers drains into the Modi Khola River.
The combined Mardi Himal and Annapurna Base Camp trek start from Kande. Kande is 1 hour. drive from Pokhara. From Kande, you follow the trail to Deurali. Deurali is the junction of two trails. The right-hand side trail goes to Mardi Himal and the left-hand side follows the Annapurna Base Camp. You will follow the right-side trail. It passes lovely woodland with intermittent looks at the mountains to the extent of Low Camp. From Low Camp, it’s a short walk to Bandal Danda and High Camp. From High Camp, you will do an excursion to the viewpoint and base camp. The mountain sees are awesome from the viewpoint Then you retrace your steps to Forest Camp and move towards Landruk to follow the trail of Annapurna Base Camp. The hiking to ABC is referenced as a valley walk, yet it’s an Up and Down valley stroll as you cross two edges, one at Chomrong and one at Sinuwa. Annapurna Base Camp seems like a beautiful Bowl encircled by beautiful high mountains.
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. We welcome you at the airport and transfer you to the hotel by our car. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by Tourist Coach, 200 km west of Kathmandu. Driving 7 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 3: Drive from Pokhara to Kande by car. Trek from Kande to Deurali (Altitude 2100 meters). Driving 1 hour. Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 4: Trek from Deurali to Badal Dada (Altitude 3150 meters) via Forest Camp and Low Camp. Walking 6 to 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 5: Trek from Badal Dada to High Camp (Altitude 3500 meters). Walking for 3 to 4 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 6: Trek from High Camp to View Point ((Altitude 4300 meters) to Mardi Himal Base Camp (Altitude 4500 meters) to Low Camp (Altitude 2970 meters). Walking around 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Note: Mardi Himal Base Camp is possible in autumn (Sep/Oct/Nov) but sometimes difficult in spring (Mar/April) due to snow. If it is not possible to go up to Mardi Himal Base Camp, you will descend from View Point to Low Camp. It depends on the situation at that time when you reach there.
Day 7: Trek from Low Camp to Landruk (Altitude 1900 meters). Walking 6/7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 8: Trek from Landruk to Chomrong (Altitude 2100 meters). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 9: Trek from Chomrong to Himalaya (Altitude 2800 meters). Walking 6/7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Himalaya to Annapurna Base Camp (Altitude 4180 meters). Walking 6/7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (Altitude 2300 meters). Walking 7/8 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (Altitude 1900 meters). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Trekking from Jhinu Danda to Nayapul (Altitude 1070 meters). Walking 6 hours. Drive from Nayapul to Pokhara by Car. Driving 1 hour. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 14: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Coach. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Final Departure from Nepal. We drop you at Kathmandu International airport in our car for your flight to your country.
Mardi Himal & Annapurna Base Camp Trek (15 Days) Cost: Please contact us by email by email to [email protected]
The above Cost includes:
- Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car.
- Two-night accommodation in Kathmandu at a Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
- Two-night accommodation in Pokhara at a Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
- Mode of all ground transport as mentioned in the above itinerary.
- During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
- An Experienced English-speaking friendly trekking Guide for the entire trekking.
- Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport, and the wages of Guide.
- Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
- A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
- Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
- Necessary paper works, government, and local taxes tourist and service charges.
- Complimentary farewell dinner in Kathmandu with a cultural show at a typical Nepalese restaurant.
The above Cost excludes:
- Nepal visa fee (USD 30 for 15 days/ USD 50 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Airfare of your international flight.
- Your Meals cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu).
- Porter (Porter Cost varies according to the itinerary you will select. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers with a maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
- Your travel insurance includes evacuation.
- Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, and dessert.
- All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, etc.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Kathmandu except for farewell dinner on the last night of the trip. (Cost around USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
- Tips for Trekking Staff.
- Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
- The cost of any extra services you use that are not mentioned in the above package includes a section.
- In the package, if you want to include the food cost of trekking and porter. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including the food for trekking and porter.
- The above cost is on a Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
- If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Annapurna Base Camp Trek for a solo trekkers. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.