Tilicho Lake Annapurna Circuit Trek Itinerary with Length
Tilicho Lake Annapurna Circuit Trek is a wonderful Himalayan hiking trip. Many trekkers who go for Annapurna Circuit also trek to Tilicho Lake as their side trip. It takes just 3 or 4 days more to visit Tilicho Lake. No camping is required, as new lodges have been built between Manang and the lake. The final approach to the lake is done in a day hike from the lodge at Tilicho Base Camp.
Tilicho Lake is situated in the Manang district of Nepal. It is considered as the highest lake on the earth at an altitude of 4949/ 16237 feet from sea level. This lake has been formed by the melt of all the glaciers from the northern slopes of the Annapurna Himalayan range and Throng Peak.
From the spiritual perspective, this lake is the blessed place for Hindus as well as Buddhists people. About this mountain lake, it has a description in Ramayana, the epic of Hindu’s, in the holy name of Kagbhusundi.
Apart from the lake, the other highlights of Tilicho Lake Annapurna Circuit Trek are distinct regional scenery as the circuit trail passes four regions (Lamjung, Manang, Mustang, and Myagdi); the splendid mountain views of Manaslu (8,000-plus meter peak), Annapurna II and IV, Annapurna III, Pisang, Tilicho, Gangapurna, Nilgiri, Annapurna I (8,000-plus meter peak) and Dhaulagiri (8,000-plus meter peak).
Moreover, in this trip you will enjoy the culture of different indigenous people influenced either by Buddhism or Hinduism, and also you will pass through the Mountain Rivers, terrace land, and various mountain flora and fauna.
Tilicho Lake Annapurna Circuit Trek can start from different places like Besi Sahar, Chamje, Dharapani, or Chame. In the below itinerary, the trek starts from Dharapani. Dharapani is reachable by 4/5 hours of jeep drive from Besi Sahar.
The hiking trail passes through country land inhabited by diverse ethnic groups and offers spectacular mountain scenery from the far northern Himalayas to the Tibetan Plateau. From Dharapani, you will trek to Chame, Pisang, and Manang. From Manang, you will be deviated from the main trail of Annapurna Circuit and head towards Tilicho Lake.
After visiting the lake, you will again join with the main trail of Annapurna Circuit at Yak Kharka. Then you start to cross over the Thorong La Pass. Thorung La is the highest point of Annapurna Circuit at the altitude of 5416 meters. It grants the magical scenery of the White Mountains.
After crossing Thorung La Pass (5416m) you descend to Muktinath temple, a celebrated Hindus pilgrimage with 108 spring water taps and mysterious natural gas fires. After the visit of Muktinath, you follow the trail along the edge of the Kali Gandaki River Valley to Jomsom. From Jomsom, by drive, you come to Pokhara, a picturesque town in Nepal. From Pokhara, you will drive back to Kathmandu.
Itinerary of Tilicho Lake Annapurna Circuit Trek with Hiking Length/ Distance Km
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. You will be met our Tour officer at the airport and he will escort you to the hotel. In the hotel, briefing of the trip. O/n Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar, 172 km west of Kathmandu by public bus. Driving Distance: 176 km. Driving 6/7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Drive from Beshi Sahar to Dharapani (1860m/6102ft) by jeep in sharing. Driving Distance: 53 km. Driving 4:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Dharapani to Chame (2725m/8940ft). Distance: 13 km (via lower trail)/ 16 km (via upper trail). Walking 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trekking from Chame to Pisang (3310m/ 10860ft). Distance: 14.5 Km (Upper Pisang)/ 14 Km (Lower Pisang). Walking 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Trekking from Pisang to Manang (3500m/11483ft). Distance: 19.5 Km (from Upper Pisang to Manang)/ 15 Km (from Upper Pisang to Manang). Walking 7/6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Acclimatization Day in Manang. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Short Hiking you may do in Manang:
Option I: Hike to Gangapurna Lake and back Manang (1 to 1:30 hours)
Option II: Hike to Gangapurna Lake & Chongkor Viewpoint and back to Manang (2:30 to 3 hours)
Option III: Hike to Praken Buddhist Gompa and back to Manang (2:30 to 3 hours). In that Gompa, you can get a blessing from the daughter of former Buddhist monk Tashi Lama giving 100 rupees.
Option IV: Hike to Milarepa’s Cave and back to Manang (Approx 5/6 hours). Milarepa is the 11th century’s famous Buddhist monk, who meditated there.
Option V: Hike to Ice Lake and back to Manang (Approx 6/7 hours – Approx 16 Km). This lake is at an altitude of 4600 meters. The lake is not icy except in winter. When you hike to Ice Lake first you reach a smaller lake. From that lake 15 minutes ahead you will reach actual Ice Lake.
Day 08: Trekking from Manang to Khangsar to Shri Kharka (4050m/13284ft). Distance: 6 km (from Manang to Khangsar) + 3 km (Kangsar to Shri Kharka): Total 9 Km. Walking 3:30 to 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Trekking from Shri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp (4150m/13615ft). Distance: 6 km. Walking 3 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trekking from Tilicho Base Camp to Tilicho Lake (4919m/16138ft) to Tilicho Base Camp and back to Shri Kharka (4050m/13284ft). Distance: 11 km + 6 km = 17 km. Walking 7 to 7:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trekking from Shri Kharka to Yak Kharka (4090m/13418ft). Distance: 10 km. Walking 3 to 3:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Trekking from Yak Kharka to Thorang Phedi (4441m/14570ft). Distance: 6 km. Walking 3 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Trekking from Thorung Phedi to Muktinath via Thorang-la passes (5416m/17769ft). Distance: 16 km. Walking 7 to 8 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 14: Trekking from Muktinath to Jomsom (2743 m/ 8778 ft). Distance: 18 km. Walking 6 to 6:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 15: Drive from Jomsom to Pokhara (823m/2700ft) by public bus. Distance 158 km. Driving 9/10 hours by public bus or fly from Jomsom to Pokhara. Flight: 20 minutes. O/n Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 16: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus. Distance: 205. Driving 6/7 hours by bus. O/n Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 17: Departure to your home country. Our tour officer will drop you at Kathmandu International airport and see you off. End of Service. Or you may take optional side tours.
Note: The walking hour mentioned above may be different according to the pace of trekkers and also the distance/ length may be different according to the various navigation devices.
Tilicho Lake Annapurna Circuit Trek Cost: USD 625 Per Person
The above Cost Includes:
1. Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car.
2. Two-night accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
3. One-night accommodation in Pokhara at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
4. Mode of all ground transport as mentioned in the above itinerary.
5. During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
6. An Experienced English speaking friendly trekking Guide for the entire trekking.
7. Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport, and the wages of Guide.
8. Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
9. Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
10. Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
11. A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
12. Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
13. Necessary paper works, government, and local taxes tourist and service charges.
14. Complimentary farewell dinner in Kathmandu with a cultural show at a typical Nepalese restaurant.
The above Cost Excludes:
1. Nepal visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
2. Airfare of your international flight.
3. Your Meal cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu).
4. Porter (Porter Cost varies according to the itinerary you will select. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
5. Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
6. Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
7. All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, etc.
8. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara except for farewell dinner on the last night of the trip. (Cost around USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
9. Tips for Trekking Staff.
10. Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
11. Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above package includes section.
1. In the package, if you want to include food cost of trekking and porter. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including the food of trekking and porter.
2. The above cost is in Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
3. If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Annapurna Circuit Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.
4. In the above cost transportation from Jomsom to Pokhara by local bus and from Pokhara to Kathmandu is by tourist bus. The flight is also available from Jomsom and from Pokhara. If you want flight, the flight fare will be your extra cost.