Thorong la Pass Trek
Thorong La Pass, at an altitude of 5416 meters/ 17769 feet, is the world’s widest mountain pass. This pass lies north of Mount Annapurna inside the Annapurna Conservation Area of Nepal. Thorong La Pass Trek leads you to cross the world’s famous pass which is incredibly beautiful and a bit challenging. In Thorung La pass Trek you will definitely be rewarded with the sight of magnificent mountains of different heights and significance.
It’s a fact that the Thorong La Pass Trek is one of the best treks in Nepal. This trek is perfect for trekkers who wish to explore the superb perspectives and landscapes of the southern and northern Himalayas. In this trek, you will experience the lush vegetation of the Annapurna Conservation Area Project, mesmerizing views of Marsyangdi Valley, the rural lifestyle and culture of Nepali villagers, and more.
This trek also offers you some amazing views of the Himalayan peaks rising up more than 6,000 meters. You can enjoy an amazing panorama of snowy Mt. Manaslu (8187 m), Mt. Annapurna, Mt. Hiunchuli, Mt. Gangapurna, Mt. Nilgiri, Mt. Dhaulagiri, and many other Himalayan peaks.
Cross through Thorong-La Pass (5,416m) is the most noteworthy experience of Thorong La Pass Trek. From the pass, you can enjoy spectacular views of Mustang peak, Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167 m), and the amazing lands of Upper Mustang, a restricted area.
After crossing Thorung La Pass (5416 m) the trail descends to the Hindu Temple of Muktinath, a celebrated Hindu and Buddhist pilgrimage with 108 spring water taps. Near Muktinath Sanctuary, visitors will see an endless blazing fire over the undergrounded water spring. In Muktinath, your feeling would be mystical and mythical.
Another attraction of the Thorong La Pass trek is the Tibetan village of Manang (3500 m) where you will able to observe Buddhist monks worshipping at ancient monasteries in the area. Life in this region has remained almost unchanged throughout centuries. On the side trip from Manang, you will explore icy Gangapurna Lake and the incredible natural paradise surrounding Gangapurna Glacier.
Thorong La Pass Trek encompasses the temperate alpine forest that belts along with the different vegetation as well as wildlife type. Trekkers will get acquainted with the low hills region of Nepal in the beginning then experience the high Himalayan lifestyle in middle then get acquainted with the Hilly-Himalayan lifestyle. This peculiar experience makes it alluring in terms of sociocultural excursion also.
Any person in reasonably good health can do the Thorong La Pass trek comfortably. In this trek, you slowly ascend the trail to allow for full acclimatization and get an optimum enjoyment of hiking. During the trek, you’ll be staying in basic but cozy trekking lodges in small mountain villages. And you will do walking for 6 to 7 hours a day.
In summary, the highlights of Thorong La Pass Trek are as below:
• Thorong La Pass Trek one of the best trails in the world
• Cross the Thorong La pass (5416 m)- the widest pass in the world
• Challenge yourself to cross Throng La Pass which is an amazing and great hiking achievement
• Enjoy spectacular views of Mt. Annapurna I, II, III, IV, Dhaulagiri, and more
• Explore Manang Village at an altitude of 3800 m
• Discover the oldest Buddhist monastery in Braga/ Manang
• Visit Muktinath Temple, the holy shrine of Buddhists and Hindus
• Pass through villages occupied by diverse ethnic groups and experience vibrant local culture
THORONG LA PASS TREK ITINERARY
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. We pick up at the airport by our car and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar (Altitude 1310 meters/ 4298 feet), 172 km west of Kathmandu by public bus. Driving 5:30 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Trek from Besi Sahar to Bahundanda (Altitude 1385 meters/ 4544 feet). Hiking Distance: 17 Km/ 11 miles. Average Hiking Time: 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Bahundanda to Chamje (Altitude 2160 meters/ 7087 feet). Hiking Distance: 12 Km/ 7 miles. Average Hiking Time: 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Chamje to Bagarchhap via Dharapani (Altitude 2160 meters/ 7087 feet). Hiking Distance: 13 Km/ 8 miles. Average Hiking Time: 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Bagarchhap to Chame (Altitude 2710 meters/ 8891 feet). Hiking Distance: 12 Km/ 7 miles. Average Hiking Time: 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Chame to Upper Pisang (Altitude 3310 meters/ 10860 feet). Hiking Distance: 14.5 Km/ 9 miles. Average Hiking Time: 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
OR Trek from Chame to Lower Pisang (Altitude 3250 meters/ 10663 feet). Hiking Distance: 14 Km/ 8.6 miles. Average Hiking Time: 4:30 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Upper Pisang to Manang (Altitude 3540 meters/ 11614 feet). Hiking Distance: 19.5 Km/ 12 miles. Average Hiking Time: 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
OR trek from Lower Pisang to Manang (Altitude 3540 meters/ 11614 feet). Hiking Distance: 15 Km/ 9 miles. Average Hiking Time: Hiking 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Day in Manang (Altitude 3540 meters/ 11614 feet) for acclimatization purposes. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Manang to Yak Kharka (Altitude 4050 meters/ 13287 feet). Hiking Distance: 9 Km/ 6 miles. Average Hiking Time: 3 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Yak Kharka to Thorong Phedi (Altitude 4450 meters/ 14600 feet). Hiking Distance: 6 Km/ 4 miles. Average Hiking Time: 3 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Thorong Phedi to Thorung La Pass (Altitude 5416 meters/17769 feet) to Muktinath (Altitude 3800 meters/ 12467 feet). Hiking Distance: 16 Km/ 10 miles. Average Hiking Time: 7:30 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom (Altitude 2720 meters/ 8923 feet). Hiking Distance: 18 Km/ 11 miles. Average Hiking Time: 6:30 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 14: Fly or drive from Jomsom to Pokhara. Flight Duration: 20 to 25 Minutes. Driving 155 km. Driving around 9 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 15: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Coach. Driving 7 hours. Overnight in Hotel Kathmandu.
Day 16: Final Departure from Nepal. We drop you at Kathmandu International airport by our car for your flight to your onward journey.
The above Itinerary is the classic itinerary of the Thorong La Pass Trek. If you do have not a time of 16 days for the Thorong La Pass Trek, it can make a short to 14 days as well as 13 days. If you require 14 days or 13 days Thorong La Pass Trek, please contact us.
Thorong La Pass Trek Cost: For the updated best price please contact us by email to [email protected].
The above Cost Includes:
1. Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car.
2. Two-night accommodation in Kathmandu at a Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
3. One-night accommodation in Pokhara at a Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
4. Mode of all ground transport as mentioned in the above itinerary.
5. During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
6. An Experienced English-speaking friendly trekking Guide for the entire trekking.
7. Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport, and the wages of the Guide.
8. Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
9. Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
10. Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
11. A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
12. Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
13. Necessary paper works, government, and local taxes tourist, and service charges.
14. Complimentary farewell dinner in Kathmandu with a cultural show at a typical Nepalese restaurant.
The above Cost Excludes:
1. Nepal visa fee (USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
2. Airfare of your international flight.
3. Your Meals cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking.
5. Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
6. Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, and dessert.
7. All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, etc.
8. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara except for farewell dinner on the last night of the trip. (Cost around USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
9. Tips for Trekking Staff.
10. Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
11. Cost of any extra services you use which are not mentioned in the above package includes section.
1. In the package, if you want to include the food cost of trekking and porter. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including the food for trekking and porter.
2. The above cost is on a Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
3. If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Thorong La Pass Trek for a solo trekkers. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.