Kalinchowk tour is the spiritual journey to Kalinchowk Temple located Dolakha District of Nepal. Kalinchowk is the temple of Bhagawati Kali, the incarnation of Goddess Durga. In Hinduism, Durga is believed as the Goddess of power/ shakti and mother of the universe.
She provides people with the opportunity for salvation and enjoyment of life. The Kalinchowk temple is located at an altitude of 3842 meters above sea level. From the premises of Kalinchowk temple, you can get panoramic 360-degree Himalayan views from Mount Langtang, Shisha Pangma, Gaurishanker and Number to Mount Everest.
Kalinchowk Tour is 1 night 2 days trip. It starts from Kathmandu and ends in Kathmandu. In the morning, you will be pick up by our jeep from Kathmandu. Then you move towards Charikot at Dolakha via Araniko Highway by drive. It is around 132 km driving distance from Kathmandu to Charikot.
After arriving at Charikot, you further drive 18 km to reach Kuri village. From Charikot it is an off-road scenic drive to Kuri village. The same day, you may stay at lodge in Kuri village for a night halt.
Next morning, you will go for darshan of Kalinchowk Bhagwati Temple by cable car. It needs to walk 5 to 10 minutes from Kuri to Kalinchowk Cable Car station. After a cable car ride, it also requires 10 to 15 minutes of easy walking from Kalinchowk Cable Car drop off station to Kalinchowk Bhagawati Temple. Cable Car is 2.5 km in distance and ride is 9 minutes.
After puja and darshan, you will back to Kuri Village by cable car. Then, by jeep, you will back to Kathmandu.
Kalinchowk Tour Cost:
If you are a group of 7 People: NPR 3143 Per Person
If you are a group of 6 People: NPR 3667 Per Person
If you are a group of 5 People: NPR 4400 Per Person
If you are a group of 4 People: NPR 5500 Per Person
If you are a group of 3 People: NPR 7333 Per Person
If you are a group of 2 People: NPR 11000 Per Person
If you are a group of 1 People: NPR 22000 Per Person
• The above Tour cost/price is only for Scorpio Jeep rental cost which includes fuel, parking charges, driver’s accommodation (hotel) and his meals.
• The above price does not include your hotel/lodge and food cost.
• Price does not include air condition service, there will be an extra charge 15% if you want to use air condition service.
• It also does not include Kalinchowk Cable Car Ticket.
If you also need hotel booking in Kuri and room rate, please ask to us by email to email@example.com or Viber/ Whatsapp +977 9851203181.
Kalinchowk Cable Car Ticket Fare
For Nepali Citizen: NPR 500 Per Person (For Students NPR 375 Per Person)
For Indian Citizen: INR 500
For Foreigner/ Others: NPR 1000
Kalinchowk Darshan Ticket Information
• Be noted that the above Cable Car Tickets fare is both way fare.
• The above rate is inclusive of all local taxes and applicable VAT.
• The child is categorized by their height. Children above 3 feet and up to 4 feet height qualify for the child rate.
• No tickets are applicable for children up to 3 feet in height.
• Elderly citizen and student rates are applicable for Nepali only and require proof of ID.
• 60 years and above qualifies for the elderly citizen rate.
• The validity of the cable car ticket is 7 days from the date of purchase. No refunds will be made if the validity expires.
• All passengers are insured up to NPR 500,000.
• 15kg baggage allowance is given free of charge. Baggage exceeding the weight limit will be charged @ of NPR 16 per kg
• The above rates are subject to change without prior notice. For up to date ticket fare visit: http://kalinchowkdarshan.com.np/. The website of Kalinchowk Darshan Cable Car.
Kalinchowk Cable Car Operation Timing:
In the morning: 9 AM TO 12 PM
In the afternoon: 1:30 PM TO 5 PM
Lunch Break Timing: 12 PM TO 1:20 PM