Island Peak Climbing: Cheap Cost and Best Package
Island Peak Climbing is probably the most popular trekking peak expedition in Nepal. Island Peak Summit offers the best peak climbing experience for beginner climbers and mountain lovers. The Island Peak, also known as Imja Tse, rises like a spectacular island of rock and ice surrounded by glaciers and 8,000 and 7,000-meter peaks. One of the easiest trekking peaks in Nepal, the ascent to Island Peak’s summit at 6,189m involves a traverse through the glacier and moderate snow and ice climbing.
Island Peak, locally named Imja Tse, is a prominent Himalaya in Nepal for climbing. The aim of this adventurous trip is a climb to the top of Island Peak. The people who come to Nepal for summit climbing of Island Peak also go to visit Everest Base Camp, the foothill of the world’s tallest mountain.
Indeed Island Peak is one of the busy trekking peaks in Nepal. The height of this mountain is 6189 meters high above sea level. It is located in the Khumbu Himalayan range in the Everest region. No doubt climbing Island Peak gives the best satisfaction to every climbing lover.
We believe you are looking for the thrill of adventure and wish to widen your experience towards peak climbing beyond simply trekking in Nepal. If our guess is true, Island Peak is probably the best mountain for you.
The trip for Island Peak Climbing firstly starts by trekking to Everest Base Camp. After the visit to Everest Base Camp, you head for Island Peak Base Camp. Before the start of climbing our climbing guide brief you and follow you through the course of climbing practices. He will teach you various aspects of climbing techniques.
When you reach the summit of the Island peak you will be rewarded with enchanting panoramic views of the world’s magnificent mountains like Mount Lhotse, Mount Nuptse, Mount Baruntse, Mount Ama Dablam, Mount Makalu, etc.
Descending with a sense of achievement, you trek back following the cultural places, such as Pangboche, a traditional Sherpa village; Tangboche, famous for its ornately decorated Tibetan monasteries and Namche Bazaar, the Sherpa Capital and cultural center of Khumbu. Your trek ends in Lukla. From Lukla, you back to Kathmandu.
ITINERARY OF ISLAND PEAK CLIMBING
|Day 1: Arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. After you arrive at the airport, you will be met and welcomed by our Tour officer. Then he will transfer you to the hotel by our car. Orientation of the trip in the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.|
|Day 2: Day in Kathmandu for the preparation. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.|
|Day 3: Morning flight to Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Trekking from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 4 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 4: Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 5: Day for Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 6: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 7: Trekking from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 8: Day for Acclimatization in Dingboche. Walk around Dingboche. Walking 3/4 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 9: Trekking from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 10: Trekking from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft), then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 7:30 to 8 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 11: Early in the morning, hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft), then trek to Chukhung (Alt. 4730m/15518ft). Walking 8 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 12: Trekking from Chukhung to Island Peak Base Camp (Alt 5200m/ 17060ft). Pre-climbing Training at Island Base Camp. Walking 4 hours. Overnight at Tented Camp.|
|Day 13: Climbing to Island Peak Summit (6189 m/ 20305ft) and back to Island Base Camp, then to Chukhung. Walking 12 to 13 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 14: Trekking from Chukhung to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 15: Trekking from Tengboche to Monjo (Alt. 2835m/ 9301ft). Walking 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 16: Trekking from Monjo to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.|
|Day 17: Flight back from Lukla. Rest of the day at leisure in Kathmandu. In the evening, a complimentary farewell dinner at an authentic Nepalese Restaurant in Kathmandu with cultural dances of different communities of Nepal. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.|
|Day 18: Departure to the home country. Our tour officer will drop you at the International Airport in Kathmandu by our car. End of Service.|
ISLAND PEAK CLIMBING COST 2023/ 2024
|IN THE AUTUMN SEASON (OCT, NOV)||USD 2050 Per Person|
|IN THE SPRING SEASON (APR, MAY)||USD 2175 Per Person|
The above Package Cost includes:
• On your arrival day, airport pickup service by car.
• 2-night accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Standard Hotel with breakfast (1 night before the trek and 1 night after the trek).
• Air Tickets for Lukla Flights.
• Airport tax on Lukla flights.
• 14-night accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during trekking.
• 1-night accommodation in a tented camp.
• 3 Meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in a day during the trek and climbing.
• One experienced trek Guide and climbing Sherpa for climbing.
• Porter for the entire trekking. (As a practice, the porter will be provided based on one porter sharing by two trekkers. According to the rule, one porter carries the luggage of two trekkers with a total maximum weight limit of 25 kg).
• Expenses for food, accommodation, insurance, transport, and the wages of trekking staff.
• Trekking Permit (TIMS Card)/ Khumbu Gaun Palika fee.
• Sagarmatha National Park fee.
• Island Peak climbing permit fee.
• Climbing equipment like ice axe, Ice crew, snow bar, Ice Hammer, and climbing rope.
• Camping gear like two men’s tent, kitchen tent, kitchen equipment, and mattress while climbing period.
• All ground transport type is as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Altitude medicines, Oximeter, first aid medicines.
• Map of the Trekking route.
• Trip Achievement Certificate (If you need it).
• Duffel Bag to keep your trekking stuff.
• All government taxes, local taxes, and tourist service charges.
• On your departure day, airport drop service by car.
The above Package Cost does not include the following:
• Airfare for your international flight.
• Nepal Visa Fee.
• Your travel insurance which includes high-altitude helicopter evacuation and medical (It is advised the insurance should cover high-altitude emergency rescue, evacuation & medical.).
• Alcoholic beverages, hot (tea/coffee) and cold drinks, hot water, bottled water, and dessert.
• Personal trekking and climbing gear (Climbing boot, Sleeping bag, down Jacket, etc.). You can rent them in Kathmandu and Chukhung/ Dingboche.
• All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, battery charge, hot- shower during trekking, excess baggage charge on Lukla flight, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu, except for farewell dinner on the last night of the trip.
• In case of emergency helicopter rescue/ evacuation & its cost.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising from natural calamities, mishaps, personal sickness, flight cancellation, political strikes, or anything beyond our control (Costs are not refundable and non-transferable if you leave the trek and climbing voluntarily and want to return from the trek earlier than scheduled).
• Cost of any extra services, if you use, which are not mentioned in the above package, includes section.
• In Lukla, sometimes, due to foggy and cloudy weather, flights may be canceled. So, to be safe, you are advised to plan to keep a few extra days in Kathmandu after the trek except for 18 days or buy fully flexible international flight tickets. If you keep a few extra days, you will not miss your international flight and your important schedules even though the Lukla flight cancels.
• The above price is on a per-person basis for a minimum group size of 2 people. We also organize Solo Everest Base Camp Island Peak Summit climbing. For the solo trip, a single supplement charge will be applied. Please contact us for the price of the Solo Trip.
For any further information and if any require a change in the above itinerary, please contact the team of Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition by email at [email protected] or WhatsApp at +977 9851203181. Once we receive your message we will get back to you within 24 hours.
EXCELLENT HIMALAYA: TRUSTABLE COMPANY FOR ISLAND PEAK CLIMBING
Excellent Himalaya Trek is recognized as the recommended operator of Island Peak Summit Climbing as this company is run by local tourism experts and Sherpas who live in Nepal. We are also authorized by the Tourism Ministry of the Nepal government, to organize climbing and trekking trips for all people from around the world.
Our salient features are as below by which all the people trust us as the best local trekking & expedition agency in Nepal:
Run by Local Experts: As a local travel operator, we know well about the route and its surroundings. We know the best way of trekking and climbing here and get you also the same way.
Trustworthy: We are a trustworthy Trekking and Expedition Company in the sense that we are operating all trips based on reality, integrity, and honesty.
Focus on your needs: We highly value all trekkers and are responsive to their needs and preferences. Our packages are customizable according to their interest and plan.
Good Value for money: We provide the value of what you are buying of our services at least equal to the amount you are paying. Our price is always competitive that does not have any middle or hidden fees.
Real Cared Services: Our one travel consultant or our local trekking guide keeps in touch with our clients every time. We make sure their protection is guaranteed so that they will have peace of mind while trekking and climbing.