Some trekkers think that Everest Base Camp trek can be done without a guide. But, if you do not have prior trekking experience of the Himalayan zone, trek to Everest Base Camp without guide might be difficult for you. Also, you cannot fully enjoy this great journey.
Everest trekking can be risky without a guide. During trekking, if you suffer from any medical problems, you will find it very difficult to manage your trip.
Actually, Everest Base Camp trek without a guide is likely to miss out on the cultural, natural as well as emotional things on offer along your way.
Even if you have trekked before, there is no guarantee that you won’t find any difficulties.
Why guide is needed for Everest Base Camp trek?
Many people think that the job of the guide is to show you the trail/path, to take you to visit places and to give information about the area and attractions. But in Nepal especially in Everest Base Camp trekking, the guide does more than mentioned tasks.
- In Everest trekking, some time you may suffer from altitude sickness. At that time they play the role of your rescuer. They advise you proper guidelines to be safe from mountain sickness.
- They will also act as a medium for you to communicate with the local villagers.
- The guides will also have excellent knowledge about the local areas from culture, traditions to diverse flora and fauna. So, from the guide, you can be familiar with Sherpa culture and tradition.
- With the help of a guide, you can trace the proper trail. In the mountain zone, there may be lots of trails used by villagers. If you have a guide, you will not be confused to find out the right trail.
- In the mountain area, the weather is unpredictable. The guides normally have experience of weather conditions. He will tell you when the weather will be good for viewing the mountains.
- The guides also advise you of hygienic food and water. That way, you can keep diseases such as diarrhea and stomach aches away. This will save you from the discomfort of dehydration. And dehydration is one of the biggest causes of altitude sickness.
- From guides, you can learn common local words. It helps you keep a good relationship with the locals.
- Everest trekking is a long trek. Sometimes you may feel like giving up the trek. But the guides will constantly boost your morale and show you some simple ways that you can complete the trek.
- The guides also teach you the methods of trekking in high land. It helps you to avoid fatigue and altitude sickness.
- While trekking sometimes you may feel heavy to carry your backpack. In such a case, your guides may share your load.
- Guides are normally from villages. Economically their lives are difficult. They earn only during the trekking season. Thus, if you hire a guide, it will boost their economy and support their family.
- If you trek alone in the Everest region, sometimes you may feel difficult to the proper mountain lodge. The guides will have a good idea about which lodges. They will arrange you the best available lodges in terms of the room they offer, the food they serve, and the safety issues.
- The guides will also give you advice if you should hire a porter or not analyzing your experience and strength.
Cost of Hiring a Guide for Everest Base Camp Trek
Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition provide you experienced trekking guide at the cost of USD 25 per day for Everest Base Camp Trekking. We have also many porters. We offer you porter for EBC trek at the price of USD 20 per day. The given cost includes daily wages, insurance, meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and accommodation.
Hire a guide for Everest Base Camp Trek with Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expenditure and fully enjoy this lifetime journey.
For the hire of guide and porter, please contact us in this email: [email protected].