Everest Base Camp Trek Kathmandu
Mount Everest is the highest mountain on the planet. It is at the Himalayan range in Nepal in South Asia. It is a fantasy and plan of many people around the globe to go Nepal Trek to Everest Base Camp for an unspeakable feeling of accomplishment and furthermore for the lifetime experience.
Truly, Everest base camp trek is a world-class hiking trip that takes you to reach the foothill of Mount Everest. It is to investigate of the eminent high Himalayas, noteworthy ice sheets, culture and way of life of the gallant mountain dwellers called Sherpas, and a great scene of the Himalaya locale with various vegetation.
Everest Base Camp traveling begins from Lukla. It tends to be reached by 40 minutes of departure from Kathmandu and 15 minutes of departure from Ramechhap Airport. From 2019, many flights take off from Ramechhap Airport due to the increment of air traffic/ high air traffic in Kathmandu Airport. From Kathmandu, Ramechhap Airport is 131.9 km in distance. By drive, it takes 4: 30 hours to reach Ramechhap airport.
From Lukla, the hiking trail follows the upward way to the Sherpa capital of Namche Bazaar going through the Dudh Koshi River valley with outstanding views of Mount Thamserku and Mount Kusum Kangaru.
It takes around two days to reach Namche Bazaar. Namche is the center point of the Everest locale. As a rule, at this spot travelers permit a day of rest for acclimatization to limit impacts of Altitude Health issues (AMS).
You will trek another two days to Dingboche (Alt. 4,260 m/13,980ft) via Tengboche Monastery. At Dingboche, you stay for one more day for additional acclimatization.
From Dingboche, it takes an additional two days to Everest Base Camp by means of Gorakshep, the level field underneath Kala Patthar and Mt. Pumori. After the visit of the south base camp of Mount Everest the climbing to the head of Kalapathar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft), the dark stone close by Gorakshep, gives a 360-degree magnificent display of world’s tallest piles of Mount Everest, Mount Lhotse, Mount Pumori, Mount Lobuche, Mount Nuptse, and other encompassing pinnacles. From this rise, the genuine stature of Everest turns out to be clear. The whole south face of Everest is obvious.
After the visit of Everest Base Camp and excursion to Kalapathar, you will retrace your journey to Lukla following the spots of Pheriche, Pangboche, Tengboche, Namche, and Phakding. In Lukla, the hiking ends. The next morning you fly back from Lukla and come to Kathmandu.
Height of Everest Base Camp Trek/ Elevation of EBC Trek
You will begin Everest Base Camp Trek from the height of 2804 meters/9199 feet at Lukla. Consistently you will get a rise in the scope of 400 meters to 800 meters. As the many people’s bodies are not used to these rises, the trip incorporates acclimatization days at the spots named Namche Bazaar and Dingboche. The most elevated height of whole EBC traveling is Kala Patthar, close by Everest Base Camp. Its tallness is at 5555 meters/18225 feet. Kala Patthar is the best perspective for Mount Everest and its encompassing eminent pinnacles.
Best Time of Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal should be possible whenever of the year. However, the best time is in September, October, November, March, April, and May. During the referenced months by and large the climate gets lovely with clear Sky and temperatures are likewise more tolerable. In winter (December, January, February) and during the rainstorm (June, July, August), days can be entirely agreeable however the mercury falls when the sun sinks behind the mountains. The most genuine obstruction to traveling in winter is cold. In the winter and the rainstorm, the residential trips to Lukla might be upset by the deferral.
Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary from Kathmandu
Day 01: Flight to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Trek from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 02: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6 – 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Acclimatization day. Walk around Dingboche. Walking 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 6 to 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4200m/13780ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Flight from Lukla and back to Kathmandu.
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost from Kathmandu: USD 750 Per Person
The above Cost includes:
• Airport pick up and drop services for Lukla Flight.
• Lukla Flight Tickets.
• Domestic airport taxes where applicable.
• Accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
• Everest National Park Entry Permit fee.
• Trekker’s Information Management System [TIMS] registration card fee.
• Khumbu Local Government Trekker Permit Tax
• Experienced English speaking trained trekking guide for the entire trekking.
• Trekking Guide’s daily expenses.
• Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
• Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
• A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
• Necessary paper works, government, and local taxes
The above Cost excludes:
• Nepal visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
• Airfare of your international flight.
• Hotel and meal in Kathmandu.
• Your Meal cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu)
• Porter (Total USD 80 per person for the whole trek in the basis of on porter sharing by two trekkers. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
• Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
• Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
• All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, battery charge, excess baggage charge in flight, etc.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, flight cancellation, etc.
• Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above service inclusive section.
• In the package, if you want to include porter and food cost of trekking. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including porter and food of trekking.
• The above cost is in Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
• If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Everest Base Camp Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.