Everest Base Camp Trek How Long?
Everest Base Camp Trek is a world-renowned hiking tour. Everest Base Camp, in short, is also famed as EBC Trek. The journey of Everest Base Camp takes you to the foothill of Mount Everest and offers you an incredible chance to explore Mount Everest, the highest peak on the earth, the top of the world, its close icy masses, and the other Himalayan pinnacles. Really, Everest Base Camp Trek is a gutsy lifetime venture which is loaded with unforgettable sentimental moments.
How Long and How Many Days require for Everest Base Camp Trek?
The hiking distance of Everest Base Camp Trek is around 130 Kilometers/81 miles. You will finish Everest Base Camp Trek in 11 nights 12 days. Consistently you stroll on a normal of 12 Kilometers/7 miles in a day. In your normal pace of strolling, you will do it with a sometimes gradual climb on the rocky landscape and sometimes with a descent.
Even though the hiking duration of Everest Base Camp Trek is 11 nights 12 days including two rest days in Namche Bazaar and Dingboche with aim of better acclimatization with an altitude environment, it also requires at least more two night stay in Kathmandu. Thus, to complete EBC Trek, you require at least 14 days.
To start Everest Base Camp Trek, in the beginning, you fly from Kathmandu to Lukla. It is a 35 minutes scenic flight. Everest Base Camp Trek starts from Lukla and ends also in Lukla. From Lukla, hiking starts towards Namche Bazaar through the Sherpa villages of Chheplung, Ghat, Phakding, Benkar, Manjo, and Jorrsalle. On the way, you will cross several suspension bridges.
After Namche Bazaar, you continue trekking to Tengboche. In Tengboche, you visit the famous Buddhist monastery famous as Tengboche Monastery. Then, you walk ahead passing the places called Dibuche, Somare, Orsho, Dingboche (the world’s highest farmland), Thukla Pass (4,830m), Lobuche Pass (5,110m), Gorekshep to reach Everest Base Camp.
After the visit to Everest Base Camp and you also climb to Kalapathar. Kalapathar is the best viewpoint near Everest Base Camp for the best panoramic views of Mount Everest. Afterward, you trek back to Lukla following the same previous route. From Lukla, you back to Kathmandu where your overall trip ends.
Height of Everest Base Camp Trek/ Elevation of EBC Trek
You will start Everest Base Camp Trek from the elevation of 2804 meters/ 9199 feet at Lukla. Every day you will receive elevation in the range of 400 meters to 800 meters. As most of the people’s bodies are not used to these elevations, the trek includes acclimatization days at the places named Namche Bazaar and Dingboche to ensure your safety. The highest altitude of entire EBC trekking is Kala Patthar, nearby Everest Base Camp. Its height is at 5555 meters/18225 feet. Kala Patthar is the best viewpoint for Mount Everest and its surrounding magnificent peaks.
Best Time of Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Trek in Nepal can be done at any time of the year. However, the best time is in the months of September, October, November, March, April, and May. During the mentioned months generally, the weather becomes pleasant with Clear Sky, and temperatures is also more bearable. In winter (December, January, February, and during the monsoon (June, July, August), days can be perfectly comfortable but the mercury plummets as soon as the sun sinks behind the mountains. The most serious obstacle to trekking in winter is cold. In the winter and the monsoon, the domestic flights to Lukla may be disturbed by delay and cancellation because of poor visibility.
Itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. You will be met our Tour officer and he will escort you to the hotel. The orientation of the trip at the hotel. O/n Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Early morning flight to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Flight 30 to 35 minutes. Trek from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking for 3 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking for 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking for 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking for 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking for 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Acclimatization day. Walk around Dingboche. Walking for 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking for 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 7:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4200m/13780ft). Walking for 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Flight back from Lukla. Rest of the day at leisure in Kathmandu. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show. O/n Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure to the home country. Our tour officer will drop you at the international airport and see you off. End of Service. Or you may take optional side tours.
Please Click Here for a detailed itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek.
How much cost Everest Base Camp Trek?
The cost of Everest Base Camp Trek starts from USD 799 per person.
The above Cost includes:
1. Airport pick up and drop services by private car.
2. Two-night hotel in Kathmandu at Tourist Standard Hotel with complimentary breakfast.
3. Airline tickets for the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and also from Lukla to Kathmandu.
4. Domestic airport taxes where applicable.
5. Accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
6. Everest National Park Entry Permit fee.
7. Trekker’s Information Management System [TIMS] registration card fee.
8. Khumbu Local Government Trekker Permit Tax
9. Experienced English speaking trained trekking guide for the entire trekking.
10. Trekking Guide’s daily expenses
11. Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
12. Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
13. A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
14. Necessary paper works, all government, and local taxes
15. Complimentary farewell dinner in Kathmandu with a cultural show at a typical Nepalese restaurant.
The above Cost excludes:
1. Nepal visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
2. Airfare of your international flight.
3. Your Meal cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu)
4. Porter (Total USD 80 per person for the whole trek in the basis of on porter sharing by two trekkers. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
5. Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
6. Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
7. All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, excess baggage charge in flight etc.
8. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu. (USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
9. Tips for Trekking Staff.
10. Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, flight cancellation etc.
11. Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above service inclusive section.
• In the package, if you want to include porter and food cost of trekking. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including porter and food of trekking.
• The above cost is in Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
• If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Everest Base Camp Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.
Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition: Best Company who organize Nepal Trek to Everest Base Camp
Excellent Himalaya Trek is a leading trekking operator of Nepal authorized by the Tourism Ministry, Nepal Government. It is run by local tourism experts and Sherpas of Nepal. Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition is familiar as the top-rated company for Everest Base Camp Trek among many agencies because of its below salient features:
Run by Local Experts: As a local travel operator, we know well about the route of Everest Base Camp Trek and its surroundings. We know the best way of trekking at the route of Everest Base Camp and get you also the same way.
Great Success Rate & Trustworthy: We are a trustworthy Trekking Company for Everest Base Camp Trek in this sense that we are operating all Everest Base Camp Trek based on reality, integrity, and honesty.
Focus on your needs: We highly value all trekkers and are responsive to their needs and preferences. Our Everest Base Camp Trek package is customizable according to their interests and plan.
Good Value for money: We provide the value of what you are buying of our any services at least equal to the amount you are paying. Our price is always competitive that does not have any middle and hidden fees.
Real Cared Services: Our one travel consultant or our local trekking guide keep in touch with our clients every time. We make sure their protection guaranteed so that they will have peace of mind while trekking to Everest Base Camp with us.