Everest Base Camp Trek Booking
The hiking journey to the base camp of Mount Everest attracts adventure seekers and adrenaline junkies from all over the world. It offers you to enjoy amazing views of the worlds’ towering Himalayan Peaks. Further, you get an opportunity to travel through the Sherpa villages of Namche, Khumjung, Khunde, Dingboche and also visit Tengboche, the biggest as well as the oldest monastery in the Everest region.
Join us as we travel to the base camp of the highest mountain on earth during this 12-day, guided trip. Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla airport and follow the trail that travels along the banks of the thundering Dudh Koshi River.
Reach Namche Bazaar on the second day of the trip. Travel past the Sherpa villages of Debuche, Dingboche, and Lobuche to reach Gorakshep, a small settlement (5,164m) that sits on the edge of a frozen, sand-covered lakebed. Reach Everest Base Camp, located in the middle of the Khumbu Glacier, on the eighth day of the trip.
Head for Kala Patthar next. Enjoy stunning views of the mountains, including Mt Ama Dablam, Mt Kangtega, Mt Nuptse, Mt Thamserku, Mt Kusum Kanguru, Mt Pumori, Mt Lhotse, Lobuche Peak, Island Peak, Mt Makalu and, of course, the breathtaking Mt Everest itself, towering above the rest.
Start your journey downhill to Lukla after that. Get the chance to enjoy the hospitality and friendliness of the Sherpa people along the way. Learn more about their culture and religion during a visit to Tengboche Monastery. We look forward to taking you on a trek of a lifetime. Please go through the itinerary for more details.
Day 01: Flight to Lukla Airport (2804m/9199ft). Flight 40 minutes. Trek from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
We will pick you from your hotel and drive you to the airport in Kathmandu. A quick, 35 to 40-minute flight from Kathmandu will take you to Lukla (2,840m), the gateway to the Khumbu region and the starting point of this trek. Travel through the Dudhkoshi River Valley, past various settlements such as Chheplung and Chaurikharka, before reaching Phakding. Enjoy great views of the Himalayas during the trek. It’s a leisurely day with a gradual descend of approximately 200 meters.
Day 02: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6 to 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Get ready for a steep climb. Follow the path of the thundering Dudh Kosi, cross numerous suspension bridges along the way. Trek past Monjo and Jorsalle villages until you reach Namche Bazaar (3,440m), a village in the mountains that is also the center of commerce in the Khumbu region.
Day 03: Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche Kumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Stay in Namche and allow your body to acclimatize to the altitude. You have the option to hike to the nearby areas. The trading and administrative center of the Khumbu region, Namche is home to various government offices, banks, plenty of shops and eateries. One of the most interesting optional hikes on our list is the one that takes you to Everest View Hotel, from where you can enjoy great views of Mount Everest and other mountains in the Himalayas.
Day 04: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Start your day with a quick ascend followed by a flat trail to reach Kyanjuma. Travel downhill from there to reach Phunki Tenga. Cross the Dudh Koshi River to reach Tengboche Monastery, the most important monastery in the region. Depending upon the weather and other factors, you might end your day in Debuche (3800m) or stay in Tengboche.
Day 05: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Make a quick descend to Debuche (if you did not do it yesterday) before starting an uphill climb towards Pangboche. See Everest, Amadablam, and Nuptse mountains along the way. Stop in Pangboche for tea before continuing to Somare for lunch. Travel through the Imja Valley and cross Lobuche Stream before ascending to Dingboche (4,410m).
Day 06: Acclimatization day. Walk around Dingboche. Walking 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
The settlement of Dingboche is gorgeous, with fields and pastures flanked by stone walls. Explore the village or relax in your hotel and allow your body to acclimatize to the changing altitude. You can also participate in one of our optional hikes to Nangkartshang Peak or the Chhukung Valley.
Day 07: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
A difficult day with steep climbing awaits you. The day starts will a gradual climb to Dughla, where we will stop for a quick lunch. It will be an early lunch today but we do not have another option before reaching Lobuche.
A steep climb from Dughla will take us to the memorial of famous mountaineers such as Scott Fischer and Babu Chiri Sherpa. Enter the Khumbu Glacier area and follow the route to Lobuche (4,910m), where you will be spending your night.
Day 08: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 6 to 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
The first section of the trail will take you to Gorakshep via the Khumbu Glacier. Drop your bags and enjoy your lunch in Gorakshep before heading to Everest Base Camp (5,364m). The trail takes you through terrain strewn with rocks, moraines, streams and a glacier. Reach Everest Base Camp, located in the middle of the Khumbu Glacier. Return to Gorakshep for an overnight stay.
Day 09: Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4200m/13780ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Early morning you will hike up to Kala Patthar. Clamber up to this famous landmark is located above Gorakshep and enjoy amazing views of the mountains shining in the color of the morning sun. Spend some time there before descending to Gorakshep. Grab your breakfast and start your downhill journey to Pheriche.
Day 10: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Continue your journey downhill. Cross the Dudh Kosi River and make a steep climb to Kyanjuma. From this point on, the trail is largely flat or downhill until you reach the headquarters of Sagarmatha National Park just above Namche.
Day 11: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
A long day on a downhill trail awaits you. The last day of this trek is full of steep descends along the Dudh Kosi until you reach Phakding for lunch. The trail from Phakding to Lukla is mostly a gentle, uphill climb.
Day 12: Flight from Lukla and back to Kathmandu. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show.
Transfer to the airport to catch a flight to Kathmandu. Upon arriving in Kathmandu, transfer to your hotel. Your guide will accompany you for a complimentary farewell dinner provided by the company in the evening. This is the end of our services. We will provide a departure transfer upon request.
Everest Base Camp Trek Cost from Kathmandu: USD 750 Per Person
The above Cost includes:
- Airport pick up and drop services for Lukla Flight.
- Lukla Flight Tickets.
- Domestic airport taxes where applicable.
- Accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
- Everest National Park Entry Permit fee.
- Trekker’s Information Management System [TIMS] registration card fee.
- Khumbu Local Government Trekker Permit Tax
- Experienced English-speaking trained trekking guide for the entire trekking.
- Trekking Guide’s daily expenses.
- Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
- Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
- A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
- Necessary paper works, all government, and local taxes
The above Cost excludes:
- Nepal visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Airfare of your international flight.
- Hotel and meal in Kathmandu.
- Your Meals cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu)
- Porter (Total USD 80 per person for the whole trek on the basis of on porter sharing by two trekkers. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
- Your travel Insurance inclusive of evacuation.
- Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
- All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, battery charge, excess baggage charge in flight, etc.
- Tips for Trekking Staff.
- Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, flight cancellation, etc.
- Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above service inclusive section.
- In the package, if you want to include porter and food cost of trekking. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including porter and food of trekking.
- The above cost is on a Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
- If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Everest Base Camp Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.