Tsum Valley Manaslu Trek is a popular and less crowded hiking journey in Nepal. The mind-blowing natural scenes, outstanding Himalayan views, beautiful villages inhabited by Buddhist people, the high mountain pass ‘Larke La’ at the height of 5160 meters are the highlights of this hiking trip.
Tsum Valley is one of the most delightful shrouded valley settled in the Himalayan zone. This valley flaunts immaculate nature and antiquated social legacy. As referenced in Tibetan Buddhist content this valley was portrayed as the place that is known for happiness by Guru Padmasambhava and is additionally the spot Milarepa reflected for the profound increase.
Here the locals are Tibetan origin and they speak Tibetan vernacular. The valley has some notable monasteries including Mu Gompa, Rachen Gompa on a pretty level, and Lungdang Gompa at the base of a conical hill against the of Ganesh Himal. These monasteries are the center of teaching and learning of Buddhism where numerous priests and nuns are living. This valley has also numerous Buddhist chortens and mani walls.
Enroute of Tsum valley the views of Ganesh Himal (7422m), Buddha Himal (6672m), and Sringi Himal (7187m); beautiful terraces; pine and rhododendron forest are spectacular.
After the visit of Tsum Valley, you will move towards the Manaslu. Manaslu is the eighth most elevated mountain on the planet at 8,163m and appears to be excellent and similarly massive. As indicated by the local language, the world Manaslu implies the mountain with Spirit. The villagers accept that in this mountain the blessed being who is solid and altruistic dwells.
The Manaslu hiking route is stunning and intriguing in culture. It set forward a remarkable mountain view and a differing scope of eco-frameworks of the territory from 620 meters to 5160 meters over the ocean level. The path of this trekking is trying along Budhi Gandaki. It passes various cascades and lakes and fascinating Buddhist Monasteries with regards to medieval looks towns.
To summarize, Tsum Manaslu Trek appears to some adventurous as a need to cross Larkya La Mountain Pass at 5,106m, however, it isn’t in fact troublesome. Each and every individual who is truly fit and can hike 7 hours on an average may do this trek.
ITINERARY OF TSUM VALLEY MANASLU TREK
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. You will be met our Tour officer and he will escort you to the hotel. Altitude: 1400 meters. Night Stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Sightseeing tour of 2 World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu. Trip briefing / Preparation for trekking. Altitude: 1400 meters. Night Stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 3: Drive from Kathmandu to Arughat. Further drive to Soti Khola.
Driving Distance: 137.6 km. Altitude: 1400 meters (Kathmandu) – 608 meters (Arughat) – 700 meters (Soti Khola). Driving 7 to 8 hours by bus. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 4: Trekking from Soti Khola to Machha Khola.
Distance: 14 km. Altitude: 700 meters – 869 meters. Walking 5/6 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 5: Trekking from Machha Khola to Jagat.
Distance: 17.5 km. Altitude: 869 meters – 1340 meters. Walking 7 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 6: Trekking from Jagat to Lokpa.
Distance: 15 km. Altitude: 1340 meters – 2240 meters. Walking 6/7 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 7: Trekking from Lopa to Chumling.
Distance: 8.4 km. Altitude: 2240 meters – 2368 meters. Walking 4 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 8: Trekking from Chumling to Chhokang Paro.
Distance: 10.2 km. Altitude: 2368 meters – 3031 meters. Walking 5 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 9: Trekking from Chhokang Paro to Mu Gompa.
Distance: 15 km. Altitude: 3031 meters – 3700 meters. Walking 6/7 hours. Night Stay at Monastery.
Day 10: Trekking from Mu Gompa to Chhokang Paro via Rachen Gompa.
Distance: 16 km. Altitude: 3700 meters – 3031 meters. Walking 6 hours.
Day 11: Trekking from Chhokang Paro to Gumba Lungdang.
Distance: 12 km. Altitude: 3031 meters – 3200 meters. Walking 6 hours. Night Stay at Gompa.
Day 12: Trekking from Gumba Lungdang to Lokpa via Ripchet.
Distance: 20 km. Altitude: 3200 meters – 2240 meters. Walking 7/8 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Trekking from Lokpa to Deng.
Distance: 9 km. Altitude: 2240 meters – 1860 meters. Walking 4/5 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 14: Trekking from Deng to Namrung.
Distance: 17 km. Altitude: 1860 meters – 2630 meters. Walking 7 hrs. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 15: Trekking from Namrung to Sama Gaun.
Distance: 17 km. Altitude: 2630 meters – 3520 meters. Walking 7 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 16: Acclimatization Day.
Option I: Hike to Pungen Gompa and back to Sama Gaun.
Distance: 14 km. Altitude: 3520 meters – 4050 meters – 3520 meters. Walking 6 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Option II: Hike to Birendra Tal and back to Sama Gaun.
Distance: 4.3 km. Walking 2 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Option III: Hike to Manaslu Base Camp and back to Sama Gaun.
Distance: Around 17 km. Altitude: 3520 meters – 4400 meters – 3520 meters. Walking 7/8 hours.
Day 17: Trekking from Sama Gaun to Samdo.
Distance: 9 km. Altitude: 3520 meters – 3875 meters. Walking 3:30/ 4 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 18: Trekking from Samdo to Dharmashala.
Distance: 6 km. Altitude: 3875 meters – 4460 meters. Walking 3 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 19: Trekking from Dharmashala to Larkya La Pass to Bhimtang.
Distance: 15 km. Altitude: 4460 meters – 5160 meters – 3590 meters. Walking 8/9 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 20: Trekking from Bhimtang to Dharapani via Tilje.
Distance: 22 km. Altitude: 3590 meters – 1963 meters. Walking 8/9 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Trekking from Bhimtang to Tilje.
Distance: 17 km. Altitude: 3590 meters – 2300 meters. Walking 7 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 21: Drive from Dharapani to Besi Sahar.
Distance: 45 km off-road. Altitude: 1963 meters – 760 meters. Driving 4/5 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Trekking from Tilje to Dharapani. Drive from Dharapani to Besi Sahar.
Distance: 5 km Trekking/ 45 km off road driving. Altitude: 2300 meters – 1963 meters – 760 meters. Walking 1:30/2 hours/ Driving 4/ 5 hours. Night Stay at Mountain Lodge.
Day 22: Drive from Besi Sahar to Kathmandu. Evening farewell dinner at authentic Nepali restaurant with cultural show.
Distance: Around 176 km off-road. Driving: 6/ 7 hours. Altitude: 760 meters – 1400 meters. Night Stay at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 23: Departure to your home country. Our tour officer will drop you at Tribhuvan International airport, Kathmandu, and see you off. End of Service. Or you may take optional side tours.
- The distance may be different according to the various navigation devices and also variable/ not consistent terrains. The walking hour mentioned above may also be different according to the pace of trekkers.
- Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition is an authorized trekking company in Nepal managed by experienced local tourism experts, Sherpa, and guides. Please contact us if you want to make any changes to the above itinerary. We will design the trip itinerary according to your requirements.
COST OF TSUM VALLEY MANASLU TREK: USD 1475 Per Person
Above Cost Includes:
- Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car as per itinerary.
- 3-night accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
- During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House.
- During trekking 3 meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) in a day.
- During trekking, one experienced friendly trekking Guide.
- During trekking one strong porter. One porter carries luggage of two people in total weight limit of 25 kg.
- Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport and the wages of Guide.
- Tsum Valley Special Trekking Permit fee.
- Manaslu Special Trekking Permit fee.
- Manaslu Conservation Area Permit (MCAP) fee.
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
- Drive from Kathmandu to Soti Khola by bus. (Transportation in a Private jeep upon request and extra cost)
- Drive from Dharapani to Besi Sahar by jeep in sharing
- Drive from Besi Sahar to Kathmandu by bus (Transportation in a Private jeep upon request and extra cost)
- Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
- Trip Map for Group
- Trip Achievement Certificate.
- All government taxes, local tax, and tourist service charges.
Above Cost Excludes:
- Airfare of your international flight.
- Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
- Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, dessert.
- All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, battery charge, etc.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- In case of emergency helicopter rescue/ evacuation & its cost.
- Tips for Trekking Staff.
- Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
Note: The above cost is in Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons for the private tour.