Annapurna Base Camp Trek for Beginners
- Trip Code: N-AT-122
- Destination: Nepal
- Season: Sept/Oct/Nov/Feb/Mar/Apr/May
- Max Altitude: 4130 meters/ 13422 feet
- Trip Starts/Ends: Kathmandu/Kathmandu
- Transportation: Car and Tourist Coach
- Accomodation: Hotel in Kathmandu & Pokhara & Tea-house in Trekking
- Trip Grade: Moderate
Annapurna base camp trek is a widely popular hiking trail in Nepal. This walking route leads you to reach a base camp of Mt Annapurna. Annapurna Base Camp Trek is suitable for beginners who are hiking in the Himalayan zone for the first time. Every person with normal fitness level can walk 5 to 6 hours in a day may join Annapurna Base Camp Trek.
Annapurna Base Camp is also famous by the name of Annapurna Sanctuary because it is like a part of heaven on the earth which circled by lovely snowy peaks. The tallest peak you can view from the base camp is Mt Annapurna I. This is the 10th highest mountain in the world which rise to an elevation of 8,091 meters/ 26545 feet.
The other striking peaks of Annapurna Base Camp are Mt Fishtail (Machapuchare), Mt Annapurna South, Mt Annapurna Fang, Mt Annapurna III, Mt Hiunchuli, Mt Gangapurna, Mt Khangsar Kang and Tent Peak. Most of the mountains in Annapurna Base Camp are over 7000 meters. The only entrance of Annapurna base camp is a narrow valley between the Mt Hiunchuli and Mt Machapuchare, where run-off from glaciers drain into Modi Khola River. Because of high mountains on all sides, the Annapurna Base Camp receives only 7 hours of sunlight in a day.
Annapurna Base Camp in short form is also called by ABC. So, trekking to Annapurna Base Camp is also said ABC trek. There are a couple of places where the hiking can start to go to ABC. Every trekking trail of ABC passes through beautiful mountain villages, terraced farmlands, lush forest of oak and bamboo trees, sparkling streams and glacial moraines. In spring everybody becomes more excited while trekking on this trail. Because its time of blossoming rhododendron flowers and it makes the hills colorful.
Annapurna Base Camp trekking trail has some long steep climbs and descends on stone steps however the hiking is not difficult. Everybody above 12 years can join for Annapurna Base Camp Trek. Nepal is the Himalayan Country. Here are several mountains and several base camp hiking trails. Among all base camp trekking routes of Nepal, Annapurna Base camp is the easier and quick reachable base camp trekking. It does not need any climbing and hiking experience.
In the route of Annapurna Base Camp, you pass many mountain villages. Those villages are especially habitat of two ethnic groups of Nepal. They are Gurung and Magar. Actually, Gurung and Magars are the backbones of Gurkha soldiers. Their bravery is famous all over the world. You will find them as the foremost friendly individuals you’ll ever meet. The locals believe Annapurna Base Camp is home of several Gods and Goddess.
Annapurna Base Camp Trek Itinerary for Beginners
Day 1: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. We pick up at the airport by our car and transfer to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara by Tourist Coach, 200 km west of Kathmandu. Driving 7 hours. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 3: Drive from Pokhara to Naya Pul by Car. Trekking to Ghandruk (Alt. 1940m/6,364ft). Driving 1 hour. Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 4: Trekking from Ghandruk to Sinuwa via Chhomrong (Alt. 2,360m/7,742ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 5: Trekking from Sinuwa to Deurali (3230m/10497ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 6: Trekking from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4130m/13422ft) via Machapuchchhre Base Camp (3700m/12025ft.). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 7: Trekking back from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo (2310m/7507ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 8: Trekking from Bamboo to Jhinu Danda (1780m/5785ft). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Tea House.
Day 9: Trekking from Jhinu Danda to Nayapul (1070m/3477ft). Walking 6 hours. Drive from Nayapul to Pokhara by Car. Driving 1 hour. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 10: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist Coach. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 11: Final Departure from Nepal. We drop you at Kathmandu International airport by our car for your flight to your country.
Bronze Price: USD 499 Per Person
Silver Price: USD 605 Per Person
Gold Price: USD 680 Per Person
Package Cost Includes:
• Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car as per itinerary.
• Accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
• Accommodation in Pokhara at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
• During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House.
• During trekking food on full board (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). (Not in Bronze Package Price)
• During trekking, one experienced friendly trekking Guide.
• During trekking one strong porter. One porter carries luggage of two people in total weight limit of 25 kg. (Not in Silver and Bronze Package Price)
• Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport and the wages of Guide.
• Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
• Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
• All ground transport type is as mentioned in the itinerary.
• Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
• Trip Achievement Certificate.
• Trip Map for Group.
• All government taxes, local tax, and tourist service charges.
Package Cost Excludes:
• Airfare of your international flight.
• Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
• Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, dessert.
• All kind of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, excess baggage charge, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
• In case of emergency helicopter rescue/ evacuation & its cost.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
About Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition: Operator of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Excellent Himalaya Trek is leading trekking operator of Nepal authorized by Tourism Ministry, Nepal Government. It is run by local tourism experts and Sherpas of Nepal. We have been handling many tourists from around the world. The above cost of Annapurna Base Camp Trek is in per person basis for a minimum group size of two people on a private tour basis. We also organize Solo Trek for Annapurna Circuit. For the price of Solo trek and any further please feel free to contact us. You may contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mobile phone, WhatsApp and Viber: +977 9851203181. We will be in your support at any time or day.