12 Days Short Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp at 5364meters from sea level is the base of the world’s highest mountain. EBC Trek is the hiking journey to reach the base of Mount Everest. The trip is amazing which will bring you to the hidden Buddhist monasteries, and into the heart of the warm rugged Sherpa culture and their lifestyles.
Everest Base Camp Trek is an ultimate hiking trip that provides you an experience to explore the world’s highest mountains including Mount Everest (8848). Everest Base Camp Trek starts at Phakding. The trail then follows the Dudh Kosi valley. The Everest Base camp trek continues uphill as you get to Namche Bazar.
Namche Bazar is also known as the Sherpa capital. It is a junction for trekkers where you can also buy some trekking gear if you want to. You will hike along with magnificent forests of rhododendron. The trail is also intercepted by magnolia and giant firs. As you do so, you will also get to see the various flora and fauna unique to this region. As most of the trekking region lies within the confines of Sagarmatha National Park, this place still retains much of its natural beauty.
As you trek further up, you will get to see various places like Tengboche, Dingboche, Lobuche, and Gorak Shep. All of these picturesque villages have delightful spots that give you wonderful mountainous views. The stay at Tengboche is especially delightful as you will visit the Tengboche Monastery. The monastery is the largest in the Everest region. The festival of Mani Rimdu which falls in the autumn season gives you great insights into the Tibetan Buddhism of this region. Great views of the towering mountains like Everest, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, etc surround this monastery.
The trail reaches the highest point of the expedition at Kala Patthar (5555m). Everest Base Camp Trek takes you on a wild ride. But the 360-degree panorama views of Everest (8848), Lhotse(8516m), Nuptse(7861m), Kantega(6782m), and Ama Dablam(6170m) adds a spiritual feeling to the hike. Which makes the Everest Base Camp a tranquil and inspiring place in the world.
After a visit to Everest Base Camp and an excursion to Kalapathar, you will retrace your journey to Lukla following the spots of Pheriche, Pangboche, Tengboche, Namche, and Phakding. In Lukla, the hiking ends. The next morning you fly back from Lukla and come to Kathmandu.
12 Days Everest Base Camp Trek Itinerary
Day 01: Flight to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Trek from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 02: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6 – 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Acclimatization day. Walk around Dingboche. Walking 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Trek from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 6 to 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4200m/13780ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trek from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 7 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Flight from Lukla and back to Kathmandu.
12 Days Everest Base Camp Trek Cost: USD 750 Per Person
The above 12 Days Everest Base Camp Trek Cost includes:
• Airport pick up and drop services for Lukla Flight.
• Lukla Flight Tickets.
• Domestic airport taxes where applicable.
• Accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
• Everest National Park Entry Permit fee.
• Trekker’s Information Management System [TIMS] registration card fee.
• Khumbu Local Government Trekker Permit Tax
• Experienced English speaking trained trekking guide for the entire trekking.
• Trekking Guide’s daily expenses.
• Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
• Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
• A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
• Necessary paper works, government, and local taxes
The above 12 Days Everest Base Camp Trek Cost excludes:
• Nepal visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
• Airfare of your international flight.
• Hotel and meal in Kathmandu.
• Your Meal cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu)
• Porter (Total USD 80 per person for the whole trek in the basis of on porter sharing by two trekkers. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
• Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
• Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
• All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, battery charge, excess baggage charge in flight, etc.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, flight cancellation, etc.
• Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above service inclusive section.
• In the package, if you want to include porter and food cost of trekking. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including porter and food of trekking.
• The above cost is on a Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
• If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Everest Base Camp Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.