Upper Mustang Trek Package
Upper Mustang Trekking is a trip to the former Himalayan Kingdom which is also entitled as the hidden country. The Upper Mustang region lies inside the northwestern part of Nepal and at the top of the Kali Gandaki River. For centuries this is the maximum mysterious and least known territory of Nepal.
The panorama of the Upper Mustang is similar to the Tibetan plateau with its limitless expanses of yellow and gray rolling hills eroded with the aid of the wind. The trekking to Upper Mustang is through a certainly treeless and barren landscape with a rocky trail up and down the hill passing through high peaks, passes, glaciers, and alpine valleys which offer a very distinctive and particular experience to all and sundry. For that reason, Tilman, a renowned explorer, described this area as a “fascinatingly unsightly place, the more charming for being so little regarded.”
In Upper Mustang the culture, way of life, and background remain unchanged for hundreds of years to this date. The exciting thing is despite the fact that higher mustang is a part of Nepal it had retained its personal king (raja) inside the call of mustangi raja until Nepal was declared a republic in 2008. He had a sure quantity of autonomy and he was given the honorary rank of colonel in the Nepal military. The name of the last king is Jigme Palbar Bista. Until his death in 2016 the locals had great respect and honor for him.
The king extensively utilized to provide the target audience the visitors upon request. His palace of four testimonies constructing in the center of Lo Manthang is one of the foremost points of interest of all tourists. Moreover, as this place laying inside the Himalayas rain shadow, it has much less rain than the other places in Nepal.
At some stage in the monsoon, the skies are cloudy however little or no rainfall there. So upper mustang trekking also can be enjoyed in monsoon time as properly. Moreover, this trekking is also so known as Lo Manthang hiking since the last destination of this trekking is to visit Lo Manthang, the capital town of the Mustang nation.
UPPER MUSTANG TREK ITINERARY
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. You will be met our Tour officer and he will escort you to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Sightseeing of World Heritage Site in Kathmandu and Trek preparation. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara, 200 km west of Kathmandu. Driving 6 hours. Evening stroll around Lake Street Market. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 04: Fly from Pokhara to Jomsom (Alt. 2720m/8924ft). Flight 30 minutes. Trekking from Jomsom to Kagbeni (2810m/9219ft). Walking 3 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trekking from Kagbeni to Chele (Alt. 3050m/10007ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Trekking from Chele to Ghiling (Alt. 3570m/11713ft). Walking 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Trekking from Ghiling to Tsarang (Alt. 3560 m/11680ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Trekking from Tsarang to Lo Manthang (Alt. 3810m/12500 ft). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Day in Lomanthang: Visit Namgyal Gompa and Tingkar. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trekking back from Lo Manthang to Drakmar (3820m/12533ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trekking from Drakmar to Shyangmochen (3800m/12467ft). Walking 5 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Trekking from Shyangmochen to Chhuksang (2980m/9777ft). Walking 6 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Trekking from Chhuksang to Jomsom (2720m/8924ft). Walking 7 hours. Overnight at Mountain Lodge.
Day 14: Fly back from Jomsom to Pokhara. Overnight at Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 15: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show. Overnight at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 16: Departure to your home country. Our tour officer will drop you at the Kathmandu international airport and see you off. End of Service. Or you may take optional side tours.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST FOR UPPER MUSTANG TREK PACKAGE?
Upper Mustang Trek cost is determined by few things like food and accommodation during trek as well as in Kathmandu and Pokhara. Further, the mode of transport from Kathmandu to Pokhara and vice versa, the flight fare of round trip Pokhara Jomsom, the cost of trekking guide in terms of his experience, porter wages are the key variables of Mustang Trek package cost. Likewise, the special restricted Mustang permit fare, Annapurna Conservation Area Permit fee (ACAP), and service charge need to include in the Upper Mustang Trek package cost. In terms of the standard of the above services, the Upper Mustang Trek package cost becomes cheap and high.
Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition is the leading operator of Upper Mustang Trek. We will take care of all permits and logistical matters, including food and accommodation on the Upper Mustang Trek. We offer the Upper Mustang Trek package at the below cost with full board services from Jomsom to Lo Manthang and vice versa.
UPPER MUSTANG TREK COST: USD 1750 PER PERSON
The package cost includes:
• Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car as per itinerary.
• 3 nights Accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
• 2 nights Accommodation in Pokhara at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast as per itinerary.
• 11 nights accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during trekking.
• During trekking three meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) in a day.
• During trekking one experienced a friendly trekking Guide.
• During trekking one strong porter on sharing basis by two. One porter carries luggage of two people in total weight limit of 25 kg.
• Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport and the wages of Guide and porter.
• Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
• Upper Mustang Restricted Permit feel
• Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
• From Kathmandu to Pokhara/ From Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus.
• Pokhara-Jomsom-Pokhara flight ticket.
• Group medical supplies (first aid kit will be available).
• Trip Achievement Certificate.
• All government taxes, local tax, and tourist service charges.
The package cost excludes:
• Nepal Tourist Visa Fee.
• Airfare of your international flight.
• Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
• Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, hot water, dessert.
• All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, excess baggage charge, etc.
• Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
• In case of emergency helicopter rescue/ evacuation & its cost.
• Tips for Trekking Staff.
• Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
Please contact us by email at [email protected] or WhatsApp/ Viber/ Signal at +977 9851203181 for any further information bout Upper Mustang Trek, require to change in itinerary, or any question/queries. Once we receive your request message, we get back to you within 24 hours.
PACKLIST FOR UPPER MUSTANG TREK
> A pair of trekking boots or trekking shoes suitable for off-road walking
> A windcheater style jacket
> Long sleeve shirts
> Trekking pants
> Rubber sandals
> Trekking poles
> Water bottles
> Water purification system
> Sun hat/warm hat
> Dust mask