Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake is an exciting and also one of the most popular Himalayan hiking trips in Nepal. This trek circles Mt. Annapurna Massif with connecting Tilicho Lake. Tilicho Lake is the high altitude lake also considered as the highest lake in the world. It located at an altitude of 4919 meters from the sea level near the Annapurna Himalayan range. The Hindus, as well as Buddhists, take it as the holy lake.
The major highlights of this trekking are distinct regional scenery as the circuit trail passes four regions (Lamjung, Manang, Mustang, and Myagdi); the splendid mountain views of Manaslu (8,000-plus meter peak), Annapurna II and IV, Annapurna III, Pisang, Tilicho, Gangapurna, Nilgiri, Annapurna I (8,000-plus meter peak) and Dhaulagiri (8,000-plus meter peak) and, of course, pristine alpine Lake.
Moreover, in this trip, you will enjoy the culture of different indigenous people influenced either by Buddhism or Hinduism, and also you will pass through the Mountain Rivers, waterfalls, terrace land, and various mountain flora and fauna.
Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake can start from different places like Besi Sahar, Chamje, Dharapani, or Chame. In the below itinerary, the trek starts from Dharapani. Dharapani is reachable by 4/5 hours of jeep drive from Besi Sahar.
The hiking trail passes through country land inhabited by diverse ethnic groups and offers spectacular mountain scenery from the far northern Himalayas to the Tibetan Plateau. From Dharapani, you will trek to Chame, Pisang, and Manang. From Manang, you will be deviated from the main trail of Annapurna Circuit and head towards Tilicho Lake.
After visiting the lake, you will again join with the main trail of Annapurna Circuit at Yak Kharka. Then you start to cross over the Thorong La Pass. Thorung La is the highest point of Annapurna Circuit at the altitude of 5416 meters. It grants the magical scenery of the White Mountains.
After crossing Thorung La Pass (5416m) you descend to Muktinath temple, a celebrated Hindus pilgrimage with 108 spring water taps and mysterious natural gas fires. After the visit of Muktinath, you follow the trail along the edge of the Kali Gandaki River Valley to Jomsom. From Jomsom, by drive, you come to Pokhara, a picturesque town in Nepal. From Pokhara, you will drive back to Kathmandu.
Itinerary of Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake
Day 01: Arrival at Tribhuvan International airport, Kathmandu. You will be met our Tour officer at the airport and he will escort you to the hotel. In the hotel, briefing of the trip. O/n Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar, 172 km west of Kathmandu by public bus. Driving 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 03: Drive from Beshi Sahar to Dharapani (1860m/6102ft) by jeep in sharing. Driving 4:30 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 04: Trek from Dharapani to Chame (2725m/8940ft). Walking 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 05: Trekking from Chame to Pisang (3190m/10466ft). Walking 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 06: Trekking from Pisang to Manang (3500m/11483ft). Walking 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 07: Rest Day in Manang for acclimatization. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 08: Trekking from Manang to Shri Kharka (4050m/13284ft). Walking 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 09: Trekking from Shri Kharka to Tilicho Base Camp (4150m/13615ft). Walking 3 to 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 10: Trekking from Tilicho Base Camp to Tilicho Lake (4919m/16138ft) and back to Shri Kharka (4050m/13284ft). Walking 7 to 8 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 11: Trekking from Shri Kharka to Yak Kharka (4090m/13418ft). Walking 5 to 6 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 12: Trekking from Yak Kharka to Thorang Phedi (4441m/14570ft). Walking 3 to 4 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 13: Trekking from Thorung Phedi to Muktinath via Thorang-la passes (5416m/17769ft). Walking 8 to 9 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 14: Trekking from Muktinath to Jomsom (2743 m/ 8778 ft). Walking 5 hours. O/n in Mountain Lodge.
Day 15: Drive from Jomsom to Pokhara (823m/2700ft) by public bus. Distance 158 km. Driving 9/10 hrs. O/n Hotel in Pokhara.
Day 16: Drive back from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus. Evening farewell dinner with Nepali Cultural show. O/n Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 17: Departure to your home country. Our tour officer will drop you at Kathmandu International airport and see you off. End of Service. Or you may take optional side tours.
Note: The above itinerary can make shorter or longer. Kindly tell us if you want to customize the above itinerary, we will make it according to your requirements.
Cost of Annapurna Circuit Trek with Tilicho Lake: USD 625 Per Person
The above Cost Includes:
1. Your arrival airport pickup & your departure airport drop by private car.
2. Two-night accommodation in Kathmandu at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
3. One-night accommodation in Pokhara at Tourist Type hotel with breakfast.
4. Mode of all ground transport as mentioned in the above itinerary.
5. During trekking accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
6. An Experienced English speaking friendly trekking Guide for the entire trekking.
7. Expenses of food, accommodation, insurance, transport and the wages of Guide.
8. Trekking Permit (TIMS Card) fee.
9. Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) Fee.
10. Comprehensive first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
11. A Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
12. Trip Achievement Certificate after completion of the trek.
13. Necessary paper works, government, and local taxes tourist and service charges.
14. Complimentary farewell dinner in Kathmandu with a cultural show at a typical Nepalese restaurant.
The above Cost Excludes:
1. Nepal visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get a Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
2. Airfare of your international flight.
3. Your Meal cost (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner) during the trekking. (Per Day USD 25 to 30) depend on the food you choose according to the restaurant menu).
4. Porter (Porter Cost varies according to the itinerary you will select. Generally, one porter carries the baggage of two trekkers in maximum total weight limit of 25 kg).
5. Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
6. Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
7. All kinds of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, etc.
8. Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara except for farewell dinner on the last night of the trip. (Cost around USD 8 to 10 per lunch/per dinner)
9. Tips for Trekking Staff.
10. Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, etc.
11. Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the above package includes section.
1. In the package, if you want to include food cost of trekking and porter. We have a special package rate for this. Please contact us for the package rate including the food of trekking and porter.
2. The above cost is in Per Person basis for a minimum group size of two persons.
3. If you are single and want to Solo Trek. We also organize Annapurna Circuit Trek for a solo trekker. For the solo trekker, we have a separate special price. Please contact us for the price of Solo Trekking.
4. In the above cost transportation from Jomsom to Pokhara by local bus and from Pokhara to Kathmandu is by tourist bus. The flight is also available from Jomsom and from Pokhara. If you want flight, the flight fare will be your extra cost.