How much budget/ cost should I allocate for Everest Base Camp trek for 2019? This is the question that arises in the mind of every people who are planning to visit Everest Base Camp trek in 2019. On the internet, you may find different prices with large variation providing by different operators and trekking agency. By seeing their rate, you obviously become confused which one is the good and exact price?
So, for the price-conscious people, here we are providing 14 days Everest Base Camp trek’s exact cost of every particular with a breakdown like a hotel cost in Kathmandu, the cost of transport, trekking guide, porter, mountain lodge, food and also the government taxes.
The below-mentioned cost is the prevailing price at the present time of 2019. And also be noted that the given calculation is based on group size of two people. If you are a single person and more than two, the given cost will be changed according to the no. of group size. For the price of the solo trek and more than two people, please contact us in this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact us by mobile, WhatsApp, Viber. Our number is +977 9851203181 for all.
|Group Size of 2 People|
|Hotel in Kathmandu (Tourist Type Hotel)||Per Night||Two Nights||Per Person|
|Ground Transport Cost|
|Airport Pick Up at the arrival time in Kathmandu by car||$10||$5|
|Airport Drop for Lukla Flight by car||$10||$5|
|Airport Pick up at the time back from Lukla by car||$10||$5|
|Airport Drop for final departure from Kathmandu||$10||$5|
|Cost of Trekking Part|
|Trekking Guide Salary including his food, salary, insurance, lodge||Per Day||12 Days||Per Person|
|Porter Salary including his food, salary, insurance, lodge||Per Day||11 Days||Per Person|
|Mountain Lodge Cost||Per Day||11 Days||Per Person|
|Trekker’s Food Cost from $25 to $30 Per Day Per Person||Average||11 Days||Per Person|
|Trekker’s Kathmandu Lukla Fight Ticket Cost||One Way||Round Trip||Per Person|
|Trekking Guide Kathmandu Lukla Fight Ticket Cost||One Way||Round Trip||Per Person|
|Sagarmatha National Park Entry Fee||$30||$30|
|Khumbu Gaun Palika Tax||$20||$20|
|Total||$1,078 Per Person|
- In the above calculation, the cost of the hotel in Kathmandu, ground transport (car), trekking guide, porter, mountain lodge and flight ticket of trekking guide shared by two people.
- We provide you trekking guide from Kathmandu to Kathmandu. So, we need to provide him a salary of 12 days including round trip air ticket of Lukla. We provide you porter from Lukla to Lukla. We provide him a salary of only 11 days.
- In the above package cost, the 8% office service charge will be applied as extra if you are going to trek with Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition.
- If you want to take only individual services like only guide hire, porter hire, Lukla flight ticket booking, car hire, we (Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition) also provide you individual services. In the individual services, 10% office service charge will be applied in its total cost.
The Services inclusive in above total Cost:
- Airport pickup and drop services by private car.
- Two-night hotel in Kathmandu with complimentary breakfast.
- Airline tickets for the flight from Kathmandu to Lukla and also from Lukla to Kathmandu.
- Domestic airport taxes where applicable.
- Accommodation in Mountain Lodge/ Tea House during the trekking.
- Meals on full board [Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner] during the trekking.
- Everest National Park Entry Permit fee.
- Khumbu Gaunpalika Tax (Trekker’s Information Management System [TIMS] registration card fee).
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide and one porter for the entire trekking.
- Meals, accommodation, salary, insurance, and transport for a guide and a porter.
- Necessary paper works, all government, and local taxes.
- Complementary of first aid medical kit carried by the guide.
- Complementary of Trekking Map of this route for a Group.
- Complementary of Trip Certificate to every trekker.
The Services exclusive in above total cost:
- Nepal visa fee (USD 25 for 15 days/ USD 40 for 30 days period). You can easily get Nepal visa on your arrival time at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu.
- Airfare of your international flight.
- Your travel insurance which includes evacuation.
- Alcoholic beverages, hot and cold drinks, bottled water, boiled water, dessert.
- All kind of personal expenses like phone calls, internet use, laundry, hot shower during trekking, excess baggage charge in flight etc.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu “except farewell dinner in Kathmandu”.
- Tips for Trekking Staff.
- Any expenses arising due to unforeseen situations like personal sickness, natural calamities, political strikes, flight cancellation etc.
- 8% office service charge (if you go through Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition, we charge you extra 8% of above total cost as our service charge for organizing Everest Base Camp Trek for you).
- Cost of any extra services if you use which not mentioned in the package price.
Itinerary of Everest Base Camp Trek
Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu International airport. You will be met our Tour officer and he will escort you to the hotel. At the hotel, you will be briefed about the overall trip and meet your trekking guide. Shopping of trekking gears at Thamel, Kathmandu (if need). Night Halt at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 02: Morning Flight from Kathmandu to Tenzing and Hillary Airport in Lukla (2804m/9199ft). Flight 40 minutes. Trekking from Lukla to Phakding (Alt. 2610m/8563ft). Walking 3 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Phakding.
Day 03: Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 5 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: Acclimatization day. Day trip to Shyangboche and Khumjung Village (Alt. 3780m/12402ft) and trek back to Namche Bazaar. Walking 5 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Namche Bazaar.
Day 05: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (Alt. 3860m/12664ft). Walking 5 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Tengboche.
Day 06: Trekking from Tengboche to Dingboche (Alt. 4350m/14272ft). Walking 6 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Dingboche.
Day 07: Acclimatization day in Dingboche. Walk around Dingboche. Walking 4 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Dingboche.
Day 08: Trekking from Dingboche to Lobuche (Alt. 4910m/4910ft). Walking 5 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Lobuche.
Day 09: Trekking from Lobuche to Everest Base Camp (Alt. 5365m/17602ft) then back to Gorak Shep. Walking 7:30 hours. Night Halt in Mountain Lodge in Gorakshep.
Day 10: Early in the morning hike up to Kalapatthar (Alt. 5555m/18225ft) then trek down to Pheriche (4200m/13780ft). Walking 6 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Pheriche.
Day 11: Trekking from Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (Alt. 3441m/11289ft). Walking 6:30 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Namche Bazaar.
Day 12: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (Alt.2804m/9199ft). Walking 6:30 hours. Night Halt at Mountain Lodge in Lukla.
Day 13: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu in the morning. Rest of the day at leisure. Night Halt at Hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 14: Departure to your home country. Our tour officer will drop you at the international airport and see you off. End of Service. Or you may take optional side tours.
We would like to notify you that Excellent Himalaya Trek and Expedition is leading trekking operator of Nepal run by local tourism experts and Sherpas. Should you require further information of Everest Base Camp trek, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will be in your support at all the time.